Thread: False Kiva, other Canyonlands Ideas

False Kiva, other Canyonlands Ideas

Is False Kiva a 'secret hike' or is it on the pamphlets and stuff? We will likely spend some time in canyonlands in the next few days, and I have never been at all. I would like to check out false kiva, but we dont know anything about the area. Is there good stuff in the Needles we can get to without backpacking? Worthwhile with only a day or so? Does all camping around there need permits?

Kind of getting the details planned out last minute. Anything south of Moab is a possibility. Or Cedar Mesa, although I am hoping that the issues with nails in tires and people breaking in to cars has passed
    "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements"

Peter Gibbons - Office Space

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

False Kiva is a class II site so the trail is not marked on park maps or pamphlets. If you have a GPS it will be helpful in finding the unmarked trailhead, I can send you some coordinates via PM if you would like. I would suggest spending a few hours shooting False Kiva in Mid-Late afternoon then drive back up the road to the hike Aztec Butte ruins for sunset.