Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woman dies on Angel's Landing

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner View Post
    Stay home people and be safe. It’s dangerous out there. [/FONT]tagged for sarcasm
    Exactly my feeling, except then you and I will be paying for their obese-diabetic-welfare sucking-Obamacare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    stupid Enrish language

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    tagged for sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Did you not see the sarcasm tag? highlight the quote you'll see it.

HA! I wasn't being sarcastic though

strong first post. do you have any sources?

edit: well no new information. news articles couple days ago stated they were trying to identify her find her car. maybe???
    curious what other info you have.
    My source for the comment about witnesses saying it looked like a suicide was from someone who is a NP employee. However, untill they can be 100% sure, I would imagine that they won't put out any official statement. What also makes it plausable as a suicide (at least to me) is that it happened at Scout Lookout, which is a fairly safe area.

Quote Originally Posted by Sciurus View Post
    My source for the comment about witnesses saying it looked like a suicide was from someone who is a NP employee. However, untill they can be 100% sure, I would imagine that they won't put out any official statement. What also makes it plausable as a suicide (at least to me) is that it happened at Scout Lookout, which is a fairly safe area.
    Not sure I'd call Scout safe. At least one of last years deaths was a fall from Scout as well, wasn't it?

The scout area itself has a fence and flat ground, so I considered it safe as well and my thoughts were exactly as Sciurus when I read it. The walk from the Scout's Area to the Angel's Landing bridge is when things get a little sketchy.

If you are going to intentionally jump than Scout's Lookout is a good place.

Nice walk up, easy to access launch platform, long shear cliff, no mid-cliff ledges to mess up your plans....

Just about ever where else that I can think of on Angel's landing kinda gradually rolls over to the big drop or has ledges sticking out that kinda mess with your take-off and mess with your flying lessons....

Name:  joebraun_angels01.jpg
Views: 6265
Size:  120.4 KB

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Zion fall victim identified

Regine Milobedzki, 63, of Upland, Calif., was identified Monday as the woman who died last week after falling from Scout Lookout while hiking the Angels Landing trail in southern Utah's Zion National Park.
    Park rangers were called at about 4:20 p.m. April 27 after hikers reported seeing the woman fall, said Ron Terry, a spokesman for the park.
    Her body was recovered the next morning from a ledge about 1,000 feet below Scout Lookout. Milobedzki was hiking alone, Terry said.
    Park authorities confirmed her identity Thursday after a local hotel reported a guest had not checked out on time. A driver license was used to make the positive identification.
    The death was the third reported at Zion National Park in April.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_15007271?source=rss

Edit: more from the St. George Newspaper

The circumstances surrounding the cause of the fall remain under investigation.
    As is the case with all fatalities in Zion National Park, the Washington County
    Sheriff's Office is investigating the incident in cooperation with the National
    Park Service. . .

more:
    http://www.thespectrum.com/article/20100503/NEWS05/100503011/Falling-victim-iden\
    tified

or a tiny shadyurl link of above
    http://5z8.info/guns_i2u0q_gain-inches

We're all here, because we ain't all there.