Thread: Mueller Park?

Mueller Park?

Does anyone know if motorcycles are still allowed on the Mueller North Canyon Loop? I heard the sign still shows motorcycles as being legal?

Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I hope not, too many hikers and too narrow of a trail!

It was for years, we use to ride it all the time in the good old days, both on mountain bikes and dirt bikes but I had heard that it was changed to non motorized. I ran into a guy in Moab this weekend that said the sign still says legal?

try to call the ranger station they have there maybe they could shed some light on this for ya? I have seen motorcycles up there last year, had no idea if they ere legal or not?

I see/hear motorcycles on it every year. I assume they're still legal, as I haven't seen any signs stating otherwise.

In my opinion, they would be safer than the mountain bikes. The hikers would hear them a lot better and be able to get out of the way. I just hope they keep in mind that uphill has the right of way.

On a side note, I'd hate to ride it because you'll be stopping every 10 feet to pass somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I see/hear motorcycles on it every year. I assume they're still legal, as I haven't seen any signs stating otherwise.

In my opinion, they would be safer than the mountain bikes. The hikers would hear them a lot better and be able to get out of the way. I just hope they keep in mind that uphill has the right of way.

On a side note, I'd hate to ride it because you'll be stopping every 10 feet to pass somebody.
    l
    I have a pin in my shoulder from coming down on a mountain bike going wwwwaaaaayyyy to fast and had a small encounter with a hiker.

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    Does anyone know if motorcycles are still allowed on the Mueller North Canyon Loop? I heard the sign still shows motorcycles as being legal?

Mark
    Hell no!

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    It's designated open to motorcycles. The official source is the Motor Vehicle Use Map for the Salt Lake Ranger District:

http://fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCU...rdb5090533.pdf

Note the seasonal restriction on these trails (#601 & #602).

moved.

Moab Mark, let me know when you ride next and maybe we can hook up. Right now, I make runs at 5Mile, Delle and Knolls. I'm getting ready for a run on Skyline from Pineview Dam to Lewis Peak to North Ogden pass to Ben Lomond Peak and back. I'm assuming you've hit some of those, but if not, you need to try it. It's an amazing area. Assuming the snow will allow it in the near future. Let me know! ( Sorry, I know there is an actual forum for this)
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo View Post
    Moab Mark, let me know when you ride next and maybe we can hook up. Right now, I make runs at 5Mile, Delle and Knolls. I'm getting ready for a run on Skyline from Pineview Dam to Lewis Peak to North Ogden pass to Ben Lomond Peak and back. I'm assuming you've hit some of those, but if not, you need to try it. It's an amazing area. Assuming the snow will allow it in the near future. Let me know! ( Sorry, I know there is an actual forum for this)
    Let me know when you are hitting Pineview. We ride that all the time and Ill tag along. We usually continue on to Mantua and then loop around to Avon and then back to Pineview. We only have one PROBLEM SNOWWWWWWWW From what I saw up Bountiful it is going to be a while. If the gate at Buckland wasn't locked we talked about going up sledding. We probably out to move over to the Motorcycle forum. Maybe Beech could move us.