Thread: Newbies Do the Buckskin Gulch

Pittsburgh PA- really, it's not that bad!

Newbies Do the Buckskin Gulch

April 18 2010. It was a bright and sunny day when six hopeful backpackers of widely differing ages, abilities, experience, and confidence left the civilized confines of the Snow Canyon campground in St George and launched into the Paria Wilderness in our rented 4WD Cherokees. In contrast to some internet reports we felt that the ranger at White House station was experienced, well informed as to trail and weather conditions, and able to give us a balanced picture as to the risks and hardships to be expected on the trails. A pretty full day ensued of driving to State line Campground- amusing with its clear division between the two Utah sites (tiny tables) and the two in Arizona (better signage & shelters), shuttling a car to White House (30 min each way), and repacking for the hike.

April 19- Eva

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

All it needs now is some pics and we're golden. thanks for the write up. This one has been on my hit list for a while but looks a bit more than I can chew right now. Good info!

Yes, nice write up! In fairness to the BLM, it wasn't White House I stopped at but the other one further down towards Page. Glad to know the folks at White House are better informed.

Awesome! Great read! It was a pleasure to meet you all, and if I may say so....you all looked as though you were a bunch of kids that had just had a great experience and rarin' for more! Glad that the trip back to Pa. was uneventful and hope to see you next time you visit!

Cheers!
    Bo

st steve: Thanks for the comments. It was your earlier post that convinced us that we could do this thing - and also told us where to find Bo and the Desert Rat. Thanks for the encouragement! Jim F

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    All it needs now is some pics and we're golden. thanks for the write up. This one has been on my hit list for a while but looks a bit more than I can chew right now. Good info!
    I posted a few at http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimfund...7623932832502/
    but I do not know how to embed them. Jim F

Thanks for the TR.

Quote Originally Posted by jlfunder View Post
    I posted a few at http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimfund...7623932832502/
    but I do not know how to embed them. Jim F
    In flicker go to a page where you are viewing one of your images and use something like "copy image location" to get the URL of the image (not the page containing the image). Then put that inside [IMG][/IMG] tags in your text. The URL will have a DNS name like farmx.static.flickr.com. Like this:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4037/...daccd1fccc.jpg

Preview and you should see:

Recognize the pic?

Glad to have inspired you to go and hook up with Bo and everything! Can't wait to see more from your next adventure!