Thread: Thoughts on Unga

Thoughts on Unga

Looks like he's done at BYU. Any thoughts?

As a Ute, I'm glad to see him go. There'll be growing pains with a freshman QB and RB in Provo.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Good for Utah - Bad for BYU...

I think Unga's college days are done... he's going to the NFL as a free agent... which has a nice upside for Unga because now he can pick where he wants to go... he was projected as a late round draft choice so I think this will work out better for him in the long run....

Now.... if we could just do something about TCU.....

Unga, the knucklehead...

As for Fredette, he'll be back I think. I don't believe he would go high enough in the draft to guarantee income. I really think he is just coming into his own but needs more work on the passing, ball skills, etc. to be a first/second round draft pick.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Now.... if we could just do something about TCU.....
    Graduation, 2011. That is about it I am afraid.
    Life is Good

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    For him too bad this didn't happen before the draft deadline. One thing I've never understood is why BYU will kick (yes he withdrew but he would have been kick out any ways) an athlete out for the honor code but won't release the athlete to compete for another Div 1 school.

I must admit he was an amazing athlete for the Y. His potential was bright for his Sr year.

This is her.
    Name:  m-00000006288..jpg
Views: 193
Size:  38.2 KB

Re: Thoughts on Unga

I heard Unga's GF jumped ship from the womens b-ball team too. I guess it is Cougar Town...

Put money that he knocked her up...

Quote Originally Posted by Reedus View Post
    Put money that he knocked her up...
    I think we have a "BINGO"

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    I work with a former teammate of his. he wonders if this or something like this has been going on for some time. He asked Unga if the reason he was gray-shirting before his mission. Unga told him no. thought it was strange reason to gray shirt didn't think much about it and other hiccups along the way. after this past weekend's news he's connected the dots wonders if this isn't something new with Unga, not that any of it is our business.

Happens in Provo too...some end up getting caught. Many don't...

I think the key in the Unga deal is that both him and her bailed....

When I was young and single my friends and I had a saying about BYU girls that had a lot of truth in it.... "they don't smoke and they don't drink... so that only leaves one other thing for them to do...."

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I think the key in the Unga deal is that both him and her bailed....

When I was young and single my friends and I had a saying about BYU girls that had a lot of truth in it.... "they don't smoke and they don't drink... so that only leaves one other thing for them to do...."
    Look nice and smell good at church??? I don't get it.
    Life is Good

A BYU story.....

I live in Draper, which everyone familiar with Utah knows is the first stop as you leave the bubble of Utah County. It is also the first place you can buy beer on Sunday outside the bubble. In the mid 80's I had several friends that played football for BYU..... So.... where is this going you ask????

In the mid 80's my house was the meeting place for many BYU players to watch the NFL on Sunday.... and nobody walked through my front door without at least a 6 pack of beer.... and they would all be carrying those stupid blue cups to drink beer out of so "no one would know".

So you knew Jim McMahon did you? I always wondered where he went. Mystery solved...
    Life is Good

more then one mystery could be solved at the service bay.....

My old bachelor pad was a circus on Sunday during football season and Wednesday nights during the summer. I had a sand volleyball court in my yard and it would get wild every Wednesday night with beach volleyball games... 50 to 100 people would show up.... many of them from BYU where volleyball was big time....

Back in the day my friends nicknamed my house…. "The Service Bay"….