Thread: Anyone Know if the iPhone can be Jailbroken to Work on Sprint?

Anyone Know if the iPhone can be Jailbroken to Work on Sprint?

I have a good friend who needs an iPhone for his business but his family has a spectacular plan with Sprint. So I am trying to help him figure out how to get an iPhone on Sprint. I saw one online for $800, but that seems like a lot to me. Anyone know anything?
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

This article says you can: http://onlinenewspapers4u.com/2010/0...e-your-iphone/

I have never done a Sprint phone. I didn't think they used GSM. Does Sprint use SIM cards?

Thanks for that link. That looks very promising. Rumor mills say that Verizon is getting the iPhone in the next couple of months. I'm sure that will help flood the market with easier models.

it sounds like it's possible that a iphone for verizon could come out later than the couple months when the new iphones come out.

there are a lot of rumors and verizon iphone rumors have been clearly wrong in the past, but this WSJ article mentions the rumor that the company (pegatron) doing the CDMA iphone isn't scheduled to manufacture the phone until sept. and it's possible it might not be immediately available.

WSJ article

but who knows.
    Last edited by stefan; 04-15-2010 at 01:37 PM.

I read something on engadget a couple of weeks ago about a mistaken ad on Verizon's site with a date of like July 10th or something like that. So I assume it will be in the next month or two. I saw a Sprint iPhone on eBay for $800 but that seemed a bit steep.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    I saw a Sprint iPhone on eBay for $800 but that seemed a bit steep.
    $800 is a lot of money. is the standard plan for this class of phones $70 a month under sprint?

My friend has some deal where his whole family (6 phones) have unlimited data, texts, unlimited calls to all cellphones, and 2400 any time minutes a month for $120 total. So even if he did pay the $800 it would make up the difference for him pretty quickly, but like most people he wants to find a way to get what he wants without paying an arm and a leg.