Thread: Looking for partners April 16, 17, 18

Looking for partners April 16, 17, 18

I will be in South Eastern Utah for work until the afternoon of the 16th and was hoping there might be some canyoneers in the area that I could join up with for a canyon or two over the weekend if the weather is good.

Anyone going to be in Moab, North Wash, The Roost, The Swell, or Cedar Mesa doing canyons this weekend that doesn't mind a tag a long??

I have all the neccessary gear: wetsuit, 2 imlay 60m ropes, 60m pull cord, etc. etc. and I have led numerous groups in Zion canyons and can provide a canyon resume if neccessary.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

There should be a group of us doing some canyons in the North Wash area, you can join in if you like.

Trail Master
    9,500' on a foot hill, of a 14er Above the town of Evergreen Co
    I think we're headed out to climb ancient art (fishers) on saturday. The original plan was to do castleton on sunday but for some reason it doesn't seem that appealing, so I'm tossing around the idea of doing something like chambers and perhaps big bad ben in the same day on sunday.

With any luck we might get done quick on ancient art, and have time for castleton still, or maybe another canyon... I guess we'll see what happens, the plans should start to solidify over the course of the week. Any suggestions for other canyons that should be fairly dry?

Quote Originally Posted by forum8fox View Post
    With any luck we might get done quick on ancient art
    Dude, if you don't hit crowds you'll be car to car on that thing way fast.

Quote Originally Posted by forum8fox View Post
    I think we're headed out to climb ancient art (fishers) on saturday.
    Lucky dog.... that has long been on my hit list.... I expect to see the classic picture of you standing on top upon your return.

I was planning on trying Cable Canyon and/or the Squeeze this weekend but the third man canceled on me. Anyone feeling up to trying one or both of these tougher canyons?

Anyone been out there recently, or know of current water conditions? Also, my friend and I were thinking of trying Cable Canyon with just the two of us. OK idea or bad idea?

Cable is no problem to do as a pair....

I've also done The Squeeze as a pair, If you know what you are going it's not a problem to do as a pair. Just pay attention at the potholes and make sure you both don't end up swimming in pothole soup with no escape.

Both canyons are more fun with lots of water... The fun factor of Cable really drops when it's dry.

Cable Canyon

I'm assuming there will be a lot of water after this spring, but I might be wrong. The canyons I've done thus far this year have had water in them. Anyone been in the Swell recently and seen current water conditions? Which is the tougher canyon, Cable Canyon or the Squeeze?

I have not done Cable, but I would say The Squeeze is tougher. Longer day, the potholes. Definitely bring some etiers, if the one huge pothole is low or empty, you will be glad you had them. The traverse line should be there, if not be careful at that point, those potholes if not full or empty, will be tough to get out.

You can also join us at the North Wash if you like.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    cable hmmm that's been on my hit list

Quote Originally Posted by qedcook View Post
    Which is the tougher canyon, Cable Canyon or the Squeeze?
    I'd call it six of one, half a dozen of the other.....

Both have problems that can trip up the inexperianced....