Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My respect for leopards just went up even higher.

My respect for leopards just went up even higher.

Kinda a sick video but worth the watch IMO. Not very graphic though so I'll put it here. 3 or 4 hunters trying to kill a leopard for "sport". And I use that term very loosely. Wound it, track it, take constant potshots at it for long period of time, etc. Finally being outnumbered 3-1, wounded, tracked relentlessly, and up against superior technology, the leopard still has the balls to charge directly into the hunters and take them down a notch. It almost manages to take out a hunter. Gets him on the ground and makes the hunter scream like the sissy he is. Just a few too many injuries though to seal the deal. That would have made this video epic IMO is it took one of the hunters out with it. Leopard goes out with dignity, hunter walks away with minor injuries but not after being put in his place as a complete pansy. Such a beautiful animal though with the attitude to back it up. My respect goes out to the leopard on this one.

http://trophyroom.com/video/BIkAidNXYP/
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

the best part, it's bubba at :34 with the sleeveless shirt that screams. ha ha

I know I'm an idiot, but I would rather be attacked by a cheetah than kill one. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have a problem with killing a cheetah if I had to, but how cool would it be to have a "I have been attacked by a cheetah" story in your repertoire.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

If you liked that one you will love this one.
    IF she isn't happy no ones happy. If she isn't happy long enough you'll unhappy with half your stuff.
    http://childbikingutah.blogspot.com/

that started me looking

here's couple of a lion

and a moose

But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    the best part, it's bubba at :34 with the sleeveless shirt that screams. ha ha
    Agreed!! I just noticed at :10 they are baiting the leopard when the original shot takes place. I guess actually walking around and tracking the animal is too much effort. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    I know I'm an idiot, but I would rather be attacked by a cheetah than kill one. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have a problem with killing a cheetah if I had to, but how cool would it be to have a "I have been attacked by a cheetah" story in your repertoire.
    Naw man, I got ya. Cool survival stories are amazing. The thread in here about the moose and wolf fighting and then leaving those guys up a tree for 4 hours was awesome. Well I guess the other guy was under a tree but whatever. I'm sure you've seen it. What a cool thing to survive and live to tell about. Then maybe having a good scar you could show off as proof of the tale would top it off. There is a story somewhere of a farmer that gets attacked by a leopard or a cheetah, can't recall. Anyways he ends up ripping it's tongue out in self defense and becomes a hero of some village. Totally different from a bunch of pansies with big guns and small penises, provoking a fight IMO.

Thanks to everyone else for putting up the vids. The moose one is awesome. That's a man and not a coward hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    Totally different from a bunch of pansies with big guns and small penises, provoking a fight IMO.
    I've got a SMALL pistol, so what does that do for me?

It earns you an invite to go skinny dipping with me an James!

I think Leopards are the most dangerous of all big game. They have attacked and killed more hunters than any other animal. I'm a big proponent of game ranches in Africa. Their good management of wildlife is the main reason many african animals are not extinct.
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

i sure don't want to see any photos of that trip report.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MY T PIMP View Post
    I think Leopards are the most dangerous of all big game. They have attacked and killed more hunters than any other animal. I'm a big proponent of game ranches in Africa. Their good management of wildlife is the main reason many african animals are not extinct.
    Of the 'Big 5', the cape buffalo kills many more hunters than leopards do. If I had to guess, I would think the hippo has a higher kill total than leopards as well.

Still wouldn't want to tangle with a leopard though...

Quote Originally Posted by denaliguide View Post
    i sure don't want to see any photos of that trip report.

THe hippo kills more africans than any other anmial out there.

Quote Originally Posted by mhambi View Post
    Of the 'Big 5', the cape buffalo kills many more hunters than leopards do. If I had to guess, I would think the hippo has a higher kill total than leopards as well.

Still wouldn't want to tangle with a leopard though...
    I guess I should be more clear on this. I agree cape buffalo do kill and injure alot of hunters. Hippos simply kill more people out right. Just like lions, cape buffalo attack usually because of an unclean or missed shot. I personally know of a hunter who lost a son to leopard. The cat doubled back behind the hunting party when they were tracking attacking the boy and father from behind. There wasn't a shot fired, it happened in very dense grass and vegitation. I don't think the boy was very young, meaning probably a young adult. I've heard of hunting party's actually girding up in heavy leather preparing for such attacks on these. Deffinately would be my #1 in dangerous hunting.

THe hippo kills more africans than any other anmial out there.
    Besides the mosquito and humans of course. Mosquitoes kill far more people in Africa than hippos if you count the spread of diseases such as malaria, yellow fever, etc. Humans also kill far more people in Africa that hippos do.

Anyway, when my wife and I were camped at a lake in Kenya, our tiny one man tent got surrounded by a herd of hippo at night. They were so close that you could hear them pulling up grass next to the tent and chomping and slobbering.

I've seen two leopards in the wild. To me they are the most beautiful of all the cats. To me, seeing a tiger in the wild was the most thrilling experience, but to me the leopard was the most beautiful. I have to admit that in the video, I was rooting for the leopard.

Sorry have to cross post this: http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...l=1#post403399

Shirtless dood is a member right here on bogley.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    sorry have to cross post this: http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...l=1#post403399

shirtless dood is a member right here on bogley.
    i hope everyone realizes i was just messin with ya!

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mattandersao View Post
    i hope everyone realizes i was just messin with ya!
    Ya think!
    Chere'

Yeah, the Wolf Shirt comment stopped me.

Ya got me at shirtless...I mean sleeveless.