Thread: Zion Shuttle System Resumes Operation for 2010

Zion Shuttle System Resumes Operation for 2010

Zion Shuttle System Resumes Operation for 2010

Date: March 30, 2010

The Zion Canyon Transportation (Shuttle) System will resume operation on Thursday, April 1, 2010. This will mark the 11th season of operation for the popular shuttle system in Zion National Park and in Springdale, Utah. Parks Transportation, Inc., a subsidiary of McDonald Transit of Fort Worth, Texas, operates the shuttle service.

The park shuttle loop provides access to points of interest, trailheads and the Zion Lodge along the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive. While the shuttle system is in operation, the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive is closed to private vehicles, except for Zion Lodge guests that may drive as far as the lodge. All other roads in the park, including the Zion - Mt Carmel highway through the park, are open to private vehicles.

The daily schedule begins with an express shuttle departing the Majestic View shuttle stop at 6:35 a.m. and the Zion Canyon Visitor Center at 6:45 a.m. Regular shuttle service starts at 7 a.m., both in the park and in Springdale. Initially, the last park shuttle will depart at 9:30 p.m. from the visitor center and the last town shuttle will depart the Zion Canyon Theater shuttle stop at 10 p.m. The hours of operation will expand as the summer season progresses. The Springdale Loop serves nine stops and the Canyon Loop serves nine stops including the Zion Human History Museum and the Zion Lodge. Shuttles will depart from designated stops every seven to ten minutes during the middle of the day and approximately every 10-15 minutes in the morning and evening. There is no charge for riding the shuttles.

Visitors are encouraged to park in designated parking areas in Springdale and ride the shuttle to the park. Park Loop shuttles depart from the Zion Canyon Visitor Center. The Visitor Center, open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, offers shuttle information, current park information, backcountry permits, lodge reservations, maps and a wide selection of publications to enhance a park visit.

For additional information, visit the park

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I visited the park on 3/31. I drove my car up to the Temple and back. CHAOS!!! There were cars EVERYWHERE!!! People were parked in the most ridiculous places and couldn't have cared less if they were in someones way. I couldn't get out of the park fast enough.

I returned on April 1 and had a wonderful experience. Took the shuttle up to the Emerald Pools and took my kids on the loop around to all 3 pools. The park was crowded, but the shuttle system works SO much more effectively than allowing everyone to bring their cars in.

I'm a big fan of the Zion shuttle system.

Yup, definitely something they've done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000 View Post
    Yup, definitely something they've done right.
    Admittedly X2

Why? Because it allows access to the park.... what a concept!
    Life is Good