Thread: What I've been up to lately.

What I've been up to lately.

As if anyone is really concerned.

It's been a while since I've spent any real time on Bogley and thought I'd pop in and say hello and give you a peek at what I've been doing lately. I play the bass guitar and for a while now, I've wanted to build my own. I finally got up the courage to buy some tools and some wood and started cutting it up. It's not done yet, but is currently in progress. It's been a great thing so far and I'm really enjoying it. Here's a couple of pics, but you can follow the whole thing here. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641927
    Name:  IMG_1283..JPG
Views: 336
Size:  48.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_1281..JPG
Views: 343
Size:  57.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_1281..JPG
Views: 343
Size:  57.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_1318..JPG
Views: 332
Size:  67.3 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: What I've been up to lately.

Coolness. Good to see you round these parts. Malcolm Young is the best bass player BTW.

MMMMmmmmmmm pale moon ebony.
    Name:  IMG_1357..JPG
Views: 277
Size:  104.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_1361..JPG
Views: 302
Size:  137.8 KB

Wow that looks like a pretty intense project.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Coolness. Good to see you round these parts. Malcolm Young is the best bass player BTW.
    Errr... Victor Wooten or Edgar Meyer :)

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    As if anyone is really concerned.

It's been a while since I've spent any real time on Bogley and thought I'd pop in and say hello and give you a peek at what I've been doing lately. I play the bass guitar and for a while now, I've wanted to build my own. I finally got up the courage to buy some tools and some wood and started cutting it up.
    that's pretty cool, good luck with it

Billy Sheehan...

Last edited by accadacca; 04-20-2010 at 12:25 PM.

What brand/model would you say you're using as a template, even though you're probably modifying it a bit?

btw, I've got a few buddies who are very good on the bass, I'll be jamming with one of them at an open mic session maybe next month up here in O Town. I'm just ordering a new wah pedal, trying to decide between the Vai Bad Horsie 2 and the Dunlop Crybaby 535Q

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    What brand/model would you say you're using as a template, even though you're probably modifying it a bit?

btw, I've got a few buddies who are very good on the bass, I'll be jamming with one of them at an open mic session maybe next month up here in O Town. I'm just ordering a new wah pedal, trying to decide between the Vai Bad Horsie 2 and the Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
    It's a shape that I made up myself. I drew it up in AutoCAD and tweaked things a bit until I found something that I thought looked good and would be comfortable to play. It's been a fun project so far and it's going farely well. I'm hoping to make more than just this one, maybe even build them for other people or to sell. I'll probably do a guitar next and then I'd have to learn how to play the thing.

I'm not a great player by any stretch, but I do enjoy it. I'd probably get a lot better if I had someone to play with regularly, but there's only so much time in a day.

I've always liked the crybaby wah pedals BTW.

guitar I made in wood shop class last year still not wired it up and im missing a part but I like it
    "Idontgiveshitjustdothedew"

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Wow that looks like a pretty intense project.

Errr... Victor Wooten or Edgar Meyer :)
    Victor Wooten is an amazing player but I don't care for him as a songwriter. And don't forget John pattitucci and Mick Karn and Stanley Clarke etc.

My buddy Blake playing

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    And don't forget John Petrucci and Mick Karn and Stanley Clarke etc.
    Ditto.

SO cool! It must be amazing to build your own instrument.

Got some more work done on this. i did most of the rough carving on the back of the neck and roughed out the headstock. it's starting to look and feel like a bass. i also got some of the parts in the mail today. Pretty excited.

Bringing this one back from the dead. Thought y'all might be interested.

So I sanded the crap out of this thing up to 1200 grit and it feels smooth as can be now. I took to finishing tonight and got the first coat of oil on it. It really looks good too. The oil darkened up the wood quite a bit and I am really digging it so far.

Once I get about 10 to 15 coats on it, it will be time to wax it and finish up the nut and control cavity cover. After that, I'll put her together and wire it up and plug it in. Should be about a week and a half. I'm so excited I can't hardly stand it.

Here's a couple of pictures.

Wow that looks really cool! Keep up the good work
    The man thong is wrong.

Nice, I hope it sounds awesome when it's done. Be sure to post some vids.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum