Thread: Progress Capture Device

Progress Capture Device

I posted this over on the ACA site and thought some of the Bogley followers might find this useful. I do not due this alot but when I set up a basic zip line or guided rappel I use a rapide as a PCD. Attach a rapide to your anchor and then place a bight of rope thru the rapide and put a carabiner thru the bight. I think this concept is called Plaquette? Snug it up and it will hold. Most everyone usually has a couple of rapides along so no other piece of equip is necessary. Rich made a good point that if loaded heavily when used as a haul PCD it would probably be difficult to release. But for basic PCD's it works pretty well .

Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    I posted this over on the ACA site and thought some of the Bogley followers might find this useful. I do not due this alot but when I set up a basic zip line or guided rappel I use a rapide as a PCD. Attach a rapide to your anchor and then place a bight of rope thru the rapide and put a carabiner thru the bight. I think this concept is called Plaquette? Snug it up and it will hold. Most everyone usually has a couple of rapides along so no other piece of equip is necessary. Rich made a good point that if loaded heavily when used as a haul PCD it would probably be difficult to release. But for basic PCD's it works pretty well .

Mark
    Some blah-blah-blah about make sure the rapide and the size of the rope work out and have the 'plaquette effect'. Do you put a half-twist in? or just straight?

Tom

I just put it straight thru. When loading it, it will sometimes try to turn the carabiner but if you baby sit the biner it seems to work. I have not tried it on a 8 mm rope just 9's
    Last edited by moab mark; 04-02-2010 at 06:34 AM.