Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monthly New Partners Trip

Monthly New Partners Trip

I joined bogley in the hopes of replenishing my depleting 'canyoneering/climbing partners' list. I've had no luck with that yet so I've decided to try a monthly 'new partners' trip. On April 23rd - 25th, I'll be heading south with one or two friends. If you want to meet up (and maybe help each other out with a carpool), just let me know. Some options: Capitol Reef Canyons(ie, Burro, Cottonwood), Roost canyons, or San Rafael Canyons. I've been through almost all canyons in the Roost, most in the Swell, and none in Capitol Reef.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Would help but I'll be in that neighborhood next week. So the same message goes for me: if anyone wants to hike with me, hollar. I'll be driving to Monticello Sunday. Hoping to hike Canyonlands in the Needles district, the loop at Natural Bridges, something or other at Capital Reef, and maybe a trail or two to high point Abajo Peak.

I also have been hoping to grow my partner list and have had no luck. Those days are right before my finals, so not a good time for me, but I would love to be able to grow that list a little bit somehow...
    "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements"

Peter Gibbons - Office Space

Cody, Josh and I are talking. That weekend might work for us. Josh wants to see Michael Franti at the U that Friday night so that might be a problem. We may have to take Monday off to stretch the weekend…
    Should know more in a couple days, but I’d really like to get out that weekend.

We’ve done some North Wash & some Swell stuff. Robbers Roost and Capitol Reef are appealing because we’ve not done canyons there but NW and Swell would still be fun.
    We’ve also thrown around some backpacking ideas; the Maze or Needles districts or Buckskin gulch or Coyote gulch. The recent TR from Coyote gulch really caught my interest…

I think my last final is on the 22. If that's the case, I'll gladly join anyone, anywhere. I've done several Zion canyons and have been anxious to get down southeast.
    You May All Go To Hell And I Will Go To Texas

[QUOTE=Don;397220]Josh wants to see Michael Franti at the U that Friday night so that might be a problem. [/QUOTE]

Shit man, me too. Thanks for the heads up!

Don't post often, just lurk but... I would want to see Micheal Franti as well, to bad I am in Vegas.

If it is an open invitation, I wouldn't mind making a trip over there. It is after my finals week and I should probably study for the national board, but what fun is that. Being outside is way more fun than sitting studying...

sounds like we need to have a little bogley fest. i'd be happy to bring some ropes, some wetsuits, some beer, etc... just can't do it that weekend. maybe early may?

Very early May? Like April 30/May 1? I'd be in if I can make it
    "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements"

shoot. i didn't look at a calendar very well. i am planning on being in escalante that week, probably won't be available until that saturday night, or sunday.

I'm very nearly a total noob with only a harness, helmet, and locking carabiner but I've been considering a trip down to the San Rafael Swell in May.

I have a wedding to attend on May 8th and will register for the Salt Lake Century on May 15th if nothing else comes up by the 4th or 5th or whenever the deadline is. Beyond that, my schedule is pretty open.

I need to stick to easier canyons at this point but also come with the advantage of being able to snag a distributed campsite on a Wednesday or Thursday and hold it for a night or two until everybody else arrives on Thursday or Friday.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

If people are interested, I could do April 30 (Friday) up to maybe even May 3 or 4

I'm fine with whatever dates everyone is available for. If we schedule something in May, that also opens up the Cedar Mesa area as a possible destination.

I only have the last two weeks of April off from school. Would love to squeeze in a trip during that time if possible. Around April 29-May 2 would work, but a little earlier would be better for me. I have done a lot of Zion canyons, and some in Death Valley and the Sierra's. Stoked to get a little farther up into Utah.

I might also be able to go it May.

Taking off on April 29 to play squatter at a campsite might be a trick for me due to finances. The tires on my Subaru were toast so I put some Blizzaks on late last fall. They get pretty noisy in temps above freezing and will wear out quick if I get in the habit of driving them all the way to Cedar Mesa in May. Until I get the last of the bills for this month in order, I won't know if I can swing a summer set of wheels before then without paying credit card interest.

I HATE PAYING CREDIT CARD INTEREST.

I'll have a pretty good idea how things are going to shape up in about 10 days.

We are going to do something the weekend of 24-25 April. Seems likely we'll stick around to see Franti play Friday then head south and stay through Monday afternoon. Not sure what the trip will be yet; got some planning to do...

Im a noob canyoneer so if your doing any beginner canyons let me know. I have a few harnesses, 2 figure 8's, 2 ATCs, 10 or 12 locking biners, willing to share. I only have dynamic ropes so thats not much help and no wetsuits/drysuits or dry bags. So a beginner dry canyon would be perferable.

I still need to look into camping permits but we've been meaning to get back to the needles district in canyonlands so it looks like we're going to be backpacking in there the weekend of 24-25 April.
    After Franti of course!

Quote Originally Posted by cachehiker View Post
    Taking off on April 29 to play squatter at a campsite might be a trick for me due to finances.
    I just finished my federal taxes.

Summer wheels are officially postponed until about May 10. I'll have to stick closer to home until then.