Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monthly New Partners Trip

Sounds like the week of April 27th - May 3st works best for most people. I'll plan on meeting up with some bogley pros on that weekend. Now we just need a destination. My personal preference would be Capitol Reef or Cedar Mesa. If the weather is still lousy, the Swell would work. If no one wants to take the reins, I'm happy to plan the destinations, but would rather receive some input.

On a side note, I have a permit to hike the Deer Creek Canyon in Grand Canyon on May 6th-8th. My two friends that were going to join me decided to go to their graduation instead, so I need a couple of partners. I've done the canyon before if that is a concern. It's awesome. Not to be missed. I have a camping permit for May 6th and 7th. Let me know.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'd love to hit some stuff in the roost with a group of people. Larry, Mindbender/Not Mindbender, High Spur... I dont have much experience out there but it seems like those would have a greater tendency to by dry than cedar mesa or capitol reef
    "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements"

Peter Gibbons - Office Space

I would like to hit some Roost canyons that I've not done before in May. I have beta for them. If I cannot get into them, I'm always willing to do the one's I've done before, no problem.

I'm available 30 Apr - 2 May. The Roost or Cedar Mesa works for me. Let's get this one started.

After going through my taxes with a fine toothed comb, I managed to lower the factor by $950. Still a bit of a stretch but I figure I'm back to considering anything without lots of cold water. I suppose that leaves out Cedar Mesa.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

Roost!
    You May All Go To Hell And I Will Go To Texas

I still might be available for this one. The Roost or North Wash sounds good. (Upper Stairs, Main Butler, Horse Play, Fooling Around).

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    prior non canyon commitments place me in SW Utah the first weekend of May. So if anyone want to do Fat Man's let me know.

I would take the Deer Creek chance. have a few real class C under my belt. problem is the flow looks to be epic this early.

Fat Mans first weekend I May; I have to be in Zion that weekend anyway to avoid the Iron Man in St. George.
    Hold my glasses, I'm going to jump!

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Odie_Canyon View Post
    Fat Mans first weekend I May; I have to be in Zion that weekend anyway to avoid the Iron Man in St. George.
    cool, just checked the weather. not looking good right now. maybe a no go with the weather.

I'm heading down to the Roost this weekend with a few friends... gonna hit up Blue John and maybe something in the Swell the following day. I'll post up what I encounter... if the weather holds :P

Quote Originally Posted by Odie_Canyon View Post
    I may be up for that as well. Keep me updated if you are thinking of going... (Even though the weather looks bad right now)

So, how is this looking for anyone. Would like to head out next weekend.

I'm planning a June Monthly New Partners Trip:

Which weekend should it be?

I'd really like to go to Escalante, but that's only worth it if we can go for two or three days. If that's not possible, then the Capitol Reef canyons should work. Location will be easier to decide once the dates have been decided.

I'm booked all of June. Stupid Army camp; I'd love to knock that out in winter so I don't have to waste 2 weeks (3 weekends!) of June at Camp Williams. I'll be watching for a July post in this thread...

I can make this coming weekend work (6/5-6/6). I can only do Saturday and Sunday canyons. Short notice, but I would love to get out...