Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ACA Canyoneering Book - Redeux

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwild View Post
    I hope to print the 4x6 version as a compact field manual on waterproof paper. Printing quote from Hong Kong was $12,000 for 3,000 copies. I can't come up with $12, let alone $12,000.
    Try Press Media in Provo.

Getting a bad quote does not void your contract with all these people who paid in advance for a copy, including me.

I'd like my money back, please.

Tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    Getting a bad quote does not void your contract with all these people who paid in advance for a copy, including me.

I'd like my money back, please.

Tom
    Nobody purchased the 4x6 field book, including you.
    Rich Carlson, Instructor
    YouTube Channel: CanyonsCrags

Thank you, Rich, for the status update. I really like what I've seen so far. I'm sad that the project is stalled.

Tom, what is the status of your books? Your website says your Knot book was supposed to be completed last July and your Canyoneering 101 book is supposed to be complete next month.

No criticism is intended by my comments on this thread. I appreciate and support the efforts of all of the folks that are working on publishing quality technical materials.

Quote Originally Posted by rcwild View Post
    "Never pick a fight with a dog that is meaner than you."
    but i've learned to never back down from a fight with a weasel...

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post
    Thank you, Rich, for the status update. I really like what I've seen so far. I'm sad that the project is stalled.

Tom, what is the status of your books? Your website says your Knot book was supposed to be completed last July and your Canyoneering 101 book is supposed to be complete next month.

No criticism is intended by my comments on this thread. I appreciate and support the efforts of all of the folks that are working on publishing quality technical materials.
    They are still in the "gleam of the eye" status, and I have not taken money toward them.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by bshwakr View Post
    Paying in advance for a book? I rarely buy something if I cannot validate it's very existence. Haven't you heard the saying "money now better than money later"?
    Almost as crazy as letting people take courses on credit, eh?
    Rich Carlson, Instructor

I am scheduling some ART of Canyoneering workshops over the next few weeks. 2-day version, Monday-Tuesday. 3-day version, Friday-Saturday-Sunday. 3-day version will include canyon leader exam.

Anyone who ordered a book from me is welcome to attend any of these workshops free. Participation should cover your $15, plus interest. Locations TBD based on demand.

DATES FOR 2-DAY:
    June 27-28, July 11-12, July 18-19

DATES FOR 3-DAY:
    June 24-26, July 8-10, July 15-17

Contact me at: rcwild@mac.com
    Rich Carlson, Instructor

__