Thread: Cheap Wetsuits

Cheap Wetsuits

Every so often I take a quick stroll through TJ Maxx to see if they have any sweet deals on outdoor gear seconds. They seem to have some decent stuff now and again. Well, today I stumbled onto a sweet wetsuit deal. It's a 3mm farmer john with a 3mm longsleeve jacket for $60. I bought a large, which fits me fairly well (6 foot tall, 175 pounds.) They had a handful of mediums, but no XL's at the store in West Jordan, Jordan Landing. If you have one close by, might be worth checking in to see if they have one. It's a purdy nice setup, and the price is right.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hmmmmm new addition to your wetsuit arsenal? Sadly, I guess I won't be seeing you in that lovely brown number you were wearing in Chop/Neon. It was so flattering and made your eyes look so.......cold!

Thanks I'll check it out, how about cheap webbing. I know its only 34 cents a ft at REI (1 in) but if someone on here knew of a place to order a spool (300 ft) for like $80 or less it might be worth looking into.

You can buy a spool of black 11/16th's from Tom for around $70 I think.

canyoneeringusa.com

Bump.

The Universtiy of Utah is selling their old Farmer Johns this week for $20 bucks. They are NRS. Little fray, some have some wear on them, but if you are wanting something cheap, it's a great deal.

:P

Oops, it's the Recreation Center... sort of north-ish of Red Butte Garden. Basically it's the student center to rent outdoor gear.

here's the link:
    http://web.utah.edu/campusrec/outdoor_rec/index.html

TJ MAXX in St. George has some shorties and jackets on sale right now. Size S, M, L, and one M short sleeve 3mm (full legs) available. There are also some neoprene jackets, s, m, l.

Good prices. The jackets are $25ish, the shorties are around $45. Hope they are still there when you stop in.
    --
    Matthew

"If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously reexamine your life."