Thread: Tower House Ruin

Tower House Ruin

Took a friend down into Tower House Ruin the other day. Thought I would post a couple of shots of it here. I am still pulling cactus needles out of my rear from getting these two shots. Maybe posting these will make me feel the pain was worth it.
    I also just wanted to check out the new way of posting photos on here.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "You're not lost...if you don't care where you are"
    Grand Gulch /Cedar Mesa Rock Art Hats

To learn more about the ruins of SE Utah:
    Visit Beyond Mesa Verde
    Visit Anasazi Ruins

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yikes!!! These shots are really blurry here! Followed the size guidelines and don't think I like what I am seeing. Any suggestions??

I re-sized them and tried to repost them here on this thread....but am unable to do so with out linking to another site....which I do not have them posted anywhere else to link from. They are on my computer and it seems you can upload photos from your computer when you originally write the post...but do not have that same option when you reply to a post. Hmmmmm.....

Visit Beyond Mesa Verde
    Visit Anasazi Ruins

Try uploading them without resizing, just use the raw images. The new system should do the work for you.

Thanks accadacca ~ problem is....I can't upload them here on this thread anymore...even if I go to my original post and hit the edit button. Only can use a link. Looks like I would have to start a new post to get those from my computer again on the forum here. I don't think the old system worked like that....I think I could upload photos from my computer in my replies also. I am going to post these on my Flickr and then link to them here in a reply and see if they look any better.

Visit Beyond Mesa Verde
    Visit Anasazi Ruins

Quote Originally Posted by Reddirtdawg View Post
    Thanks accadacca ~ problem is....I can't upload them here on this thread anymore...even if I go to my original post and hit the edit button. Only can use a link. Looks like I would have to start a new post to get those from my computer again on the forum here. I don't think the old system worked like that....I think I could upload photos from my computer in my replies also. I am going to post these on my Flickr and then link to them here in a reply and see if they look any better.
    Ok. You could also make a new post and try uploading them directly from their raw state before you size the. We could then delete the duplicate post.

I can't upload them here on this thread anymore...even if I go to my original post and hit the edit button. Only can use a link.
    When you edit, click the "Go Advanced" button, you'll be able to get to the original editor. Then go to "Manage Attachments" down below. Hope that helps

Thanks Sombeech ~ I was able to find that with your help. I reduced them even more....don't know why they are showing up so fuzzy. I hope I don't have to lay in the cactus again to reshoot these. I tried not resizing them.....did not work...think the file was too big...it wouldn't upload. But now even in the replies.....I see I can upload shots from my computer by going to the "Advance Edit" You know it is hard to teach a Dawg new tricks...even if he is a Red Dirt one. Thanks again.

Visit Beyond Mesa Verde
    Visit Anasazi Ruins

Okay guys ~ thanks again for bearing with me on this. I thought I would now try the link to these two shots with the URL to Flickr and see how they look. They just seem so fuzzy to me....but then again at my age...everything seems fuzzy. And to think....back in the 1960's I use to pay BIG money to see things fuzzy and now it just happens anytime of the day to me, it is now free......but I don't like that feeling anymore. LOL

I think they look much better here.

Visit Beyond Mesa Verde
    Visit Anasazi Ruins

Just trying to upload a couple from Fry Canyon from my computer, seems like they resized fine?
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

Pelon that's great you didn't have any trouble. Do you by any chance know what pixel size and file size those are that you posted? As you can see from the fuzziness in my top smaller photos...the linked photos from Flickr down below are so much sharper and larger. So I am not too sure on what I am doing wrong there....have always uploaded them from my computer here before and they were always sharp. I tried to just upload the original files that I got off the camera...but they were too large. So maybe if you could tell me the pixel size and file size that might get me going in the right direction here.

Visit Beyond Mesa Verde
    Visit Anasazi Ruins

Here is the photo from my computer that is 375 x 500 & 375KB. Say's here when uploading that the "maximum" file size can only be 19.5KB. I went ahead and uploaded it anyway at 375kb but it looks like the uploader reduced the file size down to 59.0 kb So I guess I am going to see how this compares to the one off Flickr.

Looks like no where near as good as off of Flickr link. Pelon...did you post .jpegs?? Looks like I am back to square one here....I think I really need to be in the Darkroom forum with this...sorry guys....well...it still was a good hike down to the Tower House...but I will direct all these problems I am having to the Darkroom forum from now on.

Visit Beyond Mesa Verde
    Visit Anasazi Ruins

You might want to post something about this in the Bogley 4.0 Thoughts thread. I know Beech and acca are still trying to work out all the bugs of the new system.

They were 3648x2736 and 4mb when selected they reduced down to 800x600 and I can't get it to show me the size.
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

Thanks Pelon ~ I will just try that next time.

Visit Beyond Mesa Verde
    Visit Anasazi Ruins

Pelon1 - Your pic is 800x600 and 73.5 kb... save the picture on Bogley back to your computer and you should be able to play with the reduced picture and see what Bogley did when it resized.

This is a test pic form me.... it seems to upload and dispaly nicely....

Name:  154_5490..jpg
Views: 1659
Size:  102.3 KB
    Last edited by Iceaxe; 03-27-2010 at 05:48 PM.

Say's here when uploading that the "maximum" file size can only be 19.5KB.
    Please disregard that and upload your original sized photo, don't resize it - bogley does it for you

We're working on removing those false limits. Hope this helps:

That looks great Iceaxe....and it looks like you guys were having some fun there going up the ladder. I think I will try one more time to just upload here a full size photo and see what it does.

Yea...that is where I was making my mistake...I was resizing them. This one I just let the Bogley upload take care of the resizing and I think it is much better. I thought we had do resize before on Bogley....maybe I just misunderstood or maybe resizing is part of the upgrade here today on Bogley. It was taking so long last time....I thought it had timed out so I canceled the upload before it was finished I guess...I just thought the file size was too big. Anyway...what a lot of running around in circles for something so simple.....thanks again guys.

Visit Beyond Mesa Verde
    Visit Anasazi Ruins

I thought we had do resize before on Bogley....maybe I just misunderstood or maybe resizing is part of the upgrade here today on Bogley.
    Yes sir... automatic resizing is part of the new upgrade.

The new upgrade also allows you to upload your pictures in order and easily insert them in your TR's. Things are going to be much faster and simplier once I get the hang of the new system.

I think that is great....and I did download a 10 mb photo up there. I have to say though, I still think the one with the link to Flickr is sharper. Not a biggie... and good to know I can do it either way.

Visit Beyond Mesa Verde
    Visit Anasazi Ruins