Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Bogley 4.0 Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutColorado View Post
    I found a few bugs, but others commented, and they were fixed. Overall, great job guyz.
    I did download Tapatalk and searched and found Bogley! (Hope I didn't let the cat out of the bag before the cat was done).
    TOTALLY SWEET! I actually like it better for quick scans. Now at work I won't have to let IT know how much time I spend on Bogley.
    Question - will it ever let you view images in posts?

Oh and how do I get the emoticon that Ice used a few posts ago? (the ...uh....stripper?)
    Thanks for the feedback. Not sure on the stripper thing.

You need the full Tapatalk app to see images in posts. It runs $2-3 depending on which device your using.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutColorado View Post
    Oh and how do I get the emoticon that Ice used a few posts ago? (the ...uh....stripper?)
    Hehehe.... those are from my private stash...

Last edited by Iceaxe; 04-07-2010 at 06:51 PM.

Mountain Misanthrope ScoutColorado's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Not sure on the stripper thing.

You need the full Tapatalk app to see images in posts. It runs $2-3 depending on which device your using.
    Actually now some of the images are showing up. You do have to have the full version to see them fullscreen it says.
    $2-3 dollars! That's outrageous! Well, actually, that's really cheap. Thanks for doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Hehehe.... those are from my private stash...

OK, I feel a "Circle of Emoticon Friends" website coming - and I think it's worth every penny!!

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Ooooh I just found the General Settings area. I can view 40 posts per page. LIKE THAT!!! Played around with how the posts are viewed from newsest first, to threaded to hybrid. Ya I am back to normal.

I still don't like how much wasted space there is on a page. The area where the avatar and info about a person is HUGE and that is why there is so much wasted space in the actual post. I did find that you can get rid of the Avatars and Signatures and this helps a bit, but I kinda like the those things.

Edit: If it is a long post there is no wasted space. If it is a one line post then a ton of wasted space. And the fact that the avatar section is so much wider as compared to the old board changes the area you type a post in. I just can't scan as quickly as before. I wish we could have more then 40 posts per page.

You can get rid of images so pages load lickity split! But I am kinda of a visual person so really I will keep the images on. Just cool to know you can do this if you have a slow connection.

I did buy the Tapatalk thing for my Mytouch. It forecloses a ton but has potential I think.

Still getting use to the new digs.
    Last edited by blueeyes; 04-08-2010 at 04:12 AM.
    Chere'

New question.

I clicked on the New Posts link and noticed it has New Events, New Group Message ect... How do you link an Event to the New Events area? That would be nice to have all events that are going on like bike invites, bogelyfests and what not in one place as well as their respective forums.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    New question.

I clicked on the New Posts link and noticed it has New Events, New Group Message ect... How do you link an Event to the New Events area? That would be nice to have all events that are going on like bike invites, bogelyfests and what not in one place as well as their respective forums.
    We're looking at some things where if you post a thread with the right Prefix, maybe [Invite], that it would link or categorize it as an event. This is coming down the pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by caverdan View Post
    When I first go to the forums here, it very briefly shows me a column to the right of the forums which I think are the new posts, then it disappears leaving a large blank area to the right of the forum headings. How can I fix this and are others having this happen too?
    dan
    Is this happening every time for you? Right when we went Live with the new layout, we had some issues with the sidebar, but fixed it within a few hours. Can you try clearing your cookies and see if that helps? What browser are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by caverdan View Post
    Thanks......I cleared my cookies and that fixed it. I'm using IE as my browser. I like the new layout so far. keep up the good work.....feels like I'm getting something for my money here.
    Thanks Dan. Appreciate that.

Wow, I disappear for a while and you go and rearrange the furniture. This is going to take some getting used to.

Bogley BigShot
    I took a bikini shot but could not figure out how to change my profile photo. lol

clueless!

Quote Originally Posted by tanya View Post
    I took a bikini shot but could not figure out how to change my profile photo. lol

clueless!
    Settings, and Edit Avatar?

When I go to a thread and try to click on a page, like the last page, there is sometimes a symbol covering the page number and I keep clicking on the attachments thing and can't get to the page. Can you get rid of that or move that so I can click on the page only. Just a wee bit annoying.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    When I go to a thread and try to click on a page, like the last page, there is sometimes a symbol covering the page number and I keep clicking on the attachments thing and can't get to the page. Can you get rid of that or move that so I can click on the page only. Just a wee bit annoying.
    This seems to be an issue with the smaller monitor resolutions, as things can get scrunched together a little. Until we can fix this, try a larger resolution and it will "unjumble" those icons.

OR...

If you're trying to get to the last page of a thread, the little icon just right of the posting time will take you directly to the last post.

Name:  last post..jpg
Views: 303
Size:  28.3 KB

Hope that helps

Yup. Thanks.
    Life is Good

By the way, what resolution are you on, Scott?

Been away to long.
    Do not think its fair for me to bitch about a site I did not design or pay for that gives me so much in return for free.
    I will however, and i am not bitching, and have not had time to explore settings and preferences just yet, but that view of the forums? KACKKKKKKKKKKKK! I hate it!
    and the wasted space? I do agree with that. now I am off to play with stuff and see if I can make it look the way I like, and whats new and whats gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    If you're trying to get to the last page of a thread, the little icon just right of the posting time will take you directly to the last post.
    that link has been one of the most useful links on bogley. i've not had any problem clicking that link, even on an iphone impressively. but i was curious if the icon could be made bigger and if that might be helpful to some users of the site?

Scott I have the same problem with my browser and the last page of the thread icon being covered by other icons. If you change the font size make it smaller that helps. But then it is sometime hard to read. If you have a mouse with a dial thing on top (sorry don't know the technical name) you can hold the cntrl key down and scroll that dial it quickly changes the font click on what you want then on the next page reverse the scroll to make font big again.

Or instead of veiwing everthing from the Forum page where it breaks each section down. View it from the "What's New Page" and it is no problem what so ever because the advertisments are not down the right side of the screen.

I don't bother with the main forum page anymore because it does not have as many subcatagories viewable for example before i could quickly scan to the Big Shots section with one screen shot now I can only see the Main area in a screen shot and have to scroll several times to make it to the Rubbish bin. My favorite part of the "What's New Link" is NO ADVERTISEMENT on the right side!
    Chere'