Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bogley 4.0 Thoughts?

Bogley 4.0 Thoughts?

Here is a list (for the geeks) that we worked from to pull the trigger. We started at 7:00 PM and its about 3:15 AM. And no caffeine either...

• Disable phpbb Forum
    • Install VB3 to new-forum folder - disable forum after install
    • Import fresh phpbb db into VB3 (this includes avatars & attachments)
    • Upgrade to VB4.0.2
    • Add folder for attachments - images/files, CHMOD 777
    • Attachments / Attachment Storage Type / move to file system - /var/www/vhosts/bogley.com/httpdocs/forum/images/files
    • Install and verify Redirects
    • Install custom skin (XML), grab images folder from 4.0, adjust layout/orientation for BigShot badge, etc.
    • Build top nav
    • Place ads
    • Find and Replace [ youtube ]URL[ /youtube ] tags with [ vide=youtube;videoID ]URL[ /video ] in the database
    • Drag existing "files" folder to new "forum" folder to account for all legacy hotlinks - verify
    • Admincp / Maintenance / Update Counters / Rebuild Forum, Threads, Posts
    • Set default thread views, from beginning, sort descending by last posted
    • Set "no thumbnails" on attachments
    • Setup groups (BigShots, Lifetime) and assign each mod to specific forums
    • Setup Titles/Ranks and Custom
    • Add Smilies
    • Install addons
    • Rebuild Search Index (couple of hours). Admincp / Maintenance / Update Counters / Rebuild Search Index
    • Open for business
    Last edited by accadacca; 03-27-2010 at 07:24 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    First off, the time stamping is incorrect. You say its 3:15, but it says 9:15am. So I'm guessing not the proper time zone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Here is a list (for the geeks) that we worked from to pull the trigger. We started at 7:00 PM and its about 3:15 AM. And no caffeine either...

First off, the time stamping is incorrect. You say its 3:15, but it says 9:15am. So I'm guessing not the proper time zone.

And for some reason, the "quick reply" takes a LONG time to post the reply.

And is there any way to delete one's own reply?

after all that you still don't have prefixes enabled? lol had to give you crap for that.

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    ya, um. i just set it to mounain time in my profile a few seconds ago.

thanks for adding a Skype field
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

Quote Originally Posted by theking648 View Post
    after all that you still don't have prefixes enabled? lol had to give you crap for that.

ya, um. i just set it to mounain time in my profile a few seconds ago.

thanks for adding a Skype field
    Yep, head to your profile for that dood. Also, the server is still crunching on a few tasks that are taxing it.

Just checking to see if I can figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    May take me a while to get the gist of this. It gets hard to change with age!

Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck View Post
    May take me a while to get the gist of this. It gets hard to change with age!
    You da man Bo.

I don't see a "Mark all Topics Read" link. Did we do away with that? Also, my rank has changed. Are we going to be able to have our custom ranks back eventually?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barron View Post
    I don't see a "Mark all Topics Read" link.
    It's located under 'Forum Actions'

Though, I would prefer it were easier to get to without clicking something else first ;)
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barron View Post
    Also, my rank has changed. Are we going to be able to have our custom ranks back eventually?
    Edit that in your profile. Settings, Edit Profile
    Last edited by Pelon1; 03-27-2010 at 07:35 AM.
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

I went to add a photo to my new trip report and I noticed either a glitch or a case of operator error on my part.

Here is the trip report:

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...s-and-Carlsbad

I wanted to add the photo to the right with image tags

I notice it works on this thread, but not when editing the TR (original photos have stayed linked, but not the new one I've tried to add-it should be the first photo on the March 14 part of the TR)?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    I wanted to add the photo to the right with image tags
    Hey Scott, I fixed it for you. You don't have to use IMG tags anymore, you can just use the "Insert Image" icon ---> , paste the photo url in, and it adds it for you. Hope that helps.

When I hit the hide button for the popout window on the side of the forum, it hides it for the time being. Then when I click on another subforum to go to, the pop up window opens, then closes. It slows the whole page down while it does this.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Not loving this right now. I was just in the Mug thread and some pictures never loaded and words were not were they belonged. The little smiley icons are laying over the top of typed words. Seems to be slower then molassess in the winter time. But I know eventually I will get use to it and love it. I just need time.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    Not loving this right now. I was just in the Mug thread and some pictures never loaded and words were not were they belonged. The little smiley icons are laying over the top of typed words.
    Sorry Chere, I'm not seeing this issue in that thread. Could you post a screenshot?

I haven't had any issues like that at all. However, I do find it slow as molasses on the iPhone. Is there any sort of plugin or something for this board for a way stripped down mobile version? I'll bet a lot of people would like that.

I'm getting used to the whole thing - it'll take a bit, but there are a lot of neat features.

One thing I'm not keen on is the new posts search. In phpBB, if you returned to the search page, it still showed the thread you'd just viewed, but without a "new posts" icon. Now, if you re-search, any thread you've viewed since the last search (5 minutes ago) is just gone - only the new posts show up. It will just take getting used to...

I like it. Yeah, going to take some getting used to but that can be fun.
    Does my Big Shot need re-purchasing? (I did buy the annual and it seems like it was last spring...?) I can see the Big Shot section but when I click on a sub-forum there I don't see any threads, except in The Lounge where I see only the Confession of a drunk romantic idiot thread and the Tech forum where I see only the Torrent/DVD file question thread, but when I click on either of these threads I'm taken to this message:

Name:  Capturemessage..JPG
Views: 504
Size:  31.8 KB

We will be hooking up the iPhone to Tapatalk soon. You can search for it in the app store and check it out. It does what your looking for and is very slck.

It will handle the following: BlackBerry / Android / iPhone / Nokia app

I just posted some photos from my computer of Tower House ruin on the "Hiking, Scrambling" forum. I followed the guidelines as far as size and they posted REALLY fuzzy. These are not fuzzy shots. So I went ahead and resized them hoping that would fix the problem and when I went to reply to my own post.....I was not able to upload them from my computer in the post....only could link them from another site. I don't have these posted on another site....so no link to them. Hmmmmm....any suggestions?
    "You're not lost...if you don't care where you are"
    Grand Gulch /Cedar Mesa Rock Art Hats

To learn more about the ruins of SE Utah:
    Visit Beyond Mesa Verde
    Visit Anasazi Ruins