Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choprock and Neon 3/22/2010

it's all a trade off between camera size and quality ultimately. i like micro 4/3 because it is a good trade off for me. i do carry extra lenses, but the pancake lens is tiny. it's maybe 50 percent total bigger than a G10. But, the G10 takes some great photos. All about compromise and what works for you.

Mark - with an adapter the gf1 can take pretty much any manual lenses, but the EF lenses from canon won't work. But I don't mind, the reason i use it is because the equivalent canon lenses are 4 times as heavy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Trail Master
    9,500' on a foot hill, of a 14er Above the town of Evergreen Co
    Nice Dan,
    Wish I could be getting out these days... Damn economy has got me only working 1-3 days a week and left me broke as hell! Oh well, still hoping for a miriacle so I can get out in May with RAM.

It's interesting hearing about what you shoot with as I was wondering at FF. In the past before it self destructed I was shooting with a G9 which I loved, untill caving and canyoneering totally destroyed the opperation of the lense. I need to send it in to get fixed which I think will cost me about $150 but is well worth it IMO. I've been using a cheapo replacment recently and have been mostly dis-sattisfied with it.

Just a FYI for anyone, The G9 can use other lenses too, I know they make kits for different lenses. They also make waterproof housings which I think I will invest in the second time around.

Pseudo slrs are the shit! I virtually stopped using my rebel xti after I got the G9.

I am not sure if there is another G9, or if you are talking about the Canon G9 that preceeded the G10. As far as waterproof housings for that camera (G10) I bought it and tried to use it, but there is no way to adjust the wheel on the back of the camera, which controls pretty much everything like shutter speed and apeture and what not... So it didnt really work for me.
    "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements"

Peter Gibbons - Office Space

Trail Master
    9,500' on a foot hill, of a 14er Above the town of Evergreen Co
    Yea I was talking about the canon G9 that preceeded the 10 & 11. I didn't know that about the housing, but it doesn't really bother me as I rarely shoot out of auto mode when I would need a housing.

Either of you consider using a D10?

D10's are good, but they don't have a wide angle on them.

the waterproof housings on the G10's are supposedly fantastic. todd martin uses it exclusively, and his photos are unbelievable.