Thread: [Trip Report] Ogden BST North

[Trip Report] Ogden BST North

'twas the first time I've been on this trail. It's completely dry and ready to go. We started from Rainbow Gardens and I'm guessing we rode out and back 7-8 miles? (north)

I don't think I got a single goat head in my tire... but then I didn't really look. This trail KICKED MY BUTT though, it had some VERY technical sections. The first couple of miles were some decent singletrack, but the last miles up north were crossing through boulder fields.

Altogether there were 6 of us.

Here's the video:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I miss that trail so much. Logan is still snow covered. Can't wait until schools out then I can hit it when ever.
    IF she isn't happy no ones happy. If she isn't happy long enough you'll unhappy with half your stuff.
    http://childbikingutah.blogspot.com/

I'm sure we'll be hitting this again in the next few weeks.

Nice! I've got to get up there and ride with you guys sometime. Did Mark forget his helmet? Bad boy!
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve
    Nice! I've got to get up there and ride with you guys sometime. Did Mark forget his helmet? Bad boy!
    Yeah, the only thing he remembered was his bike. He actually did go over the handlebars once but landed on his feet.

We were talking, and if you forget your helmet on any trail, make sure it's not this trail. This is VERY rocky, sometimes you're riding over actual boulder fields that have been filled in with road base.

I rode this trail last year and I really like it. Make sure to post another invite next time you guys get out and ride it.

Good work Sombeech!

That ride kicked my butt too, Ive been lung hacking all day.
    I still think we should have wrapped Marks head in duct tape.

Thanks for the invite.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    That ride kicked my butt too, Ive been lung hacking all day.
    I had a deep lung cough last night but I slathered on the vick's vapo rub and I think that took care of the bulk of it.

Great pictures, great movie. We did 10 miles of riding. Rocks? Did anybody see any rocks?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Gene

Quote Originally Posted by MtnBkr
    Great pictures, great movie. We did 10 miles of riding. Rocks? Did anybody see any rocks?
    Which apart of the trail is this pic taken. When I lived in Ogden I rode this trail almost every day and the only part that had rock that big on the trail was between Jumpoff Canyon and The nature Center. If it's not this part of the trail it must have fallen onto the trail.
    IF she isn't happy no ones happy. If she isn't happy long enough you'll unhappy with half your stuff.
    http://childbikingutah.blogspot.com/

I love the North section of that trail...about the last 1.5 miles before hitting the dead end. I've been on that 3-4 times a week (I usually only make it that far north on the weekends though). Was there today, last sunday, saturday, thursday, and wednesday. I'm sure some of y'all have bumped into me, but I'm always on foot. I'll probably be doing more of the portion south of 12th when it dries out a little more.

hopefully the weather will hold up and I will be there saturday for a little ride, come on warmness get here!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Anybody interested in meeting up to ride this Thursday April 1 (not joking by the way.....) around 5:30?

Quote Originally Posted by neilether View Post
    Anybody interested in meeting up to ride this Thursday April 1 (not joking by the way.....) around 5:30?
    Could be, though the weather isn't promising. Same trail? North Ogden BST? Or something else?

Also, Friday afternoon could be a better option for me (and possibly better weather).

Quote Originally Posted by recinutah View Post
    Could be, though the weather isn't promising. Same trail? North Ogden BST? Or something else?

Also, Friday afternoon could be a better option for me (and possibly better weather).
    Hmm, that may work. When you say "Friday Afternoon," what exactly do you have in mind? I don't know that I could show up much sooner than 5 or 5:30....and yes. I was planning on doing the same section of the North Ogden BST.

Friday may work for me as well, I'll be off work.