Thread: Nigerian Scammers Targeting KSL (I THINK)

Nigerian Scammers Targeting KSL (I THINK)

Since my dog died my other dog has had a tough time coping by herself so me and the wife have been talking about getting another dog. Well, I have always wanted an English Bulldog and I found some on KSL for (what I thought was to good to be true) $200 so I emailed them. Here is the link to the add.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...cat=105&lpid=3

Here is the copy of their email they sent me (I find it very funny that this guy tries to play the sympathy card by saying is son died and even funnier that he is a doctor and look at his grammar):

Hello ,
    Thanks for the mail and your interest towards our Babies English puppies Ken and Lissa. They are still available to any family prepare to provide them with enough care and love, where they will be well spoiled with all their need.Lissa is the female and Ken is the male, All of them are 12 weeks old, . They are champion bloodline, registered Akc vet check, updated in all shots. Well-tamed and potty trained, good associate of kids and other house hold pets also very Energetic and eager to learn.
    They are intelligent, independent and courageous. Quick to determine where they fits in a household's "pack." Good companionship and friendly towards new people.
    To begin we shall like to know more about you.
    -Are you a breeder?
    -Are you familiar with English Bulldog Puppies?
    -Do you have kids?
    -Do you have a Vet Doctor?
    -How Old are You?
    -What is your occupation?
    -Give us a Brief Description about your Environment?
    -Were exactly are you located?
    -Can I have your Phone Number to call you?
    I am asking all these questions to be sure that my puppies get into a good and lovely home.
    Why i am giving put these puppies.these puppies were bought by me and giving to my son (GUNIOR) as his birthday present,he loves these puppies so much and he took proper care of the puppies, 2 days after his birthday, on his way back from his piano classes he had a car accident and he died,since i lose GUNIOR, things has been very difficult on my side, i am a doctor and i work in the laboratory and i do not have enough time to take good care of the puppies b/c i come back very late at home and sometimes i will spend 24 hours at work..so i was advised by my friend to get them out for adoption and he asked me to post the AD and this website in the USA,he said i can fine a caring home by posting on this site, so i am giving them out for free adoption to any good and caring family that is willing to give them the love and care as my late son did, and i am not willing to give both of them,they are twin puppies and the love being together so i am willing to give both of them to one family but if you will love just one,just let me know ok.(male or female?)..the adoption fees for the puppies is free and all you will pay to get them is just for their flight fees and that is going to cost you $200 for both of them.I will be sending the puppies from British Cameroon.I will be very happy if you get back to me with answers to my questions and let me know how soon you are ready to get the puppies home because as soon as i fine out that you are interested i will star all the arrangement to ship the puppies over to you.
    Thanks and Waiting
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Just reply with:
    CASH ONLY, PLEASE.

Yep it's definately 100% a scam. Here's a web site talking about it:

http://www.champbulldogs.com/scam.htm

Dude, don't get one of those. The snorting, snoring, farting, fat, lazy ass dogs will get on your nerves very quickly.

http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/reviews/bulldogs.html

If I were considering buying or adopting an English Bulldog

My major concerns would be:

1.Stubbornness. Despite their sweetness, English Bulldogs are not Golden Retrievers. They are not pushovers to raise and train. Most Bulldogs are extremely stubborn. You must show them, through absolute consistency, that you mean what you say. (Food rewards help a great deal!)

To teach your Bulldog to listen to you, "Respect Training" is mandatory. My Bulldog Training Page discusses the program you need.

2.Occasional animal aggression. Some male Bulldogs may act aggressively toward other male dogs. Some Bulldogs do not get along with cats. Never feed an English Bulldog in the presence of other animals.

3.Shedding. Bulldogs shed more than you might think. Their short, coarse hairs come off on your hands when you pet them, and stick tenaciously to your carpeting, upholstery, and clothing.

4.Bulldog sounds. Though they seldom bark, English Bulldogs are far from silent. Because of the short face, they snort, snuffle, wheeze, grunt, and snore loudly. The sounds are endearing to some people; nerve-wracking to others.

5.Slobbering. Most people are not prepared for how much English Bulldogs slobber and drool, especially after eating or drinking. When they shake their heads, you will literally be toweling saliva and slime off your clothes, furniture, and walls.

6.Gassiness (flatulence) that can send you running for cover. Fortunately, Bulldogs who are fed a natural diet of real meat and other fresh foods have much less trouble with gassiness. See my Bulldog Health Page for more information.

7.High cost. English Bulldog breeders charge $1000 to $1500. They explain that this is to cover their costs of artificial insemination (because most English Bulldogs can't mate without assistance) and C-sections (because the puppies' heads are too large to be born normally). But that's just the beginning of your money outlay, because typically you'll be spending a great deal of money on veterinary care for this breed.

8.Serious health problems. Make no mistake about it, English Bulldogs are grossly deformed. It's been said that if you feel like supporting your vet with great chunks of money, get an English Bulldog. They suffer from hip problems, heart problems, and skin problems. Their compromised respiratory system makes it very risky to anesthetize them.
    Many Bulldogs can't even walk normally, or run without gasping for breath. Many of them struggle to breathe in hot or humid weather. In the summer they should be kept in air-conditioning and supervised during outside activity so they don't over-exert themselves and become overheated.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Well I responded to this guy with a false story and name. Let's see if he takes the bait.

Ken and Lisa,
    My heart goes out to you for the loss of your child. I too have lost a child. We are an African American family here in Utah. And my son was drug to death behind the truck of white trash rednecks because he wouldn

[quote=MY T PIMP]Well I responded to this guy with a false story and name. Let's see if he takes the bait.

Ken and Lisa,
    My heart goes out to you for the loss of your child. I too have lost a child. We are an African American family here in Utah. And my son was drug to death behind the truck of white trash rednecks because he wouldn
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders