Thread: Time traveler caught on camera from 1941?

Time traveler caught on camera from 1941?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Besides the fact that B&W photo
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

[quote=Deathcricket]Besides the fact that B&W photo
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket
    Besides the fact that B&W photo’s are probably the easiest to photoshop. What am I looking for here? Not seeing it.
    wow, really? you don't see it?

Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

I don't see anything either.

Ahh so because a guy is wearing sunglasses in 1941 and glasses had not been invented yet?

http://www.articlesbase.com/fashion-...es-311957.html

By the 20th Century, sunglasses were used to protect the eyes from the sun. In 1929 Sam Foster began selling his protective sunglasses at Woolworth stores on the boardwalk at the beaches in Atlantic City and New Jersey. His Foster Grants were the first mass-produced sunglasses and they began the trend of sunglasses for fashion.

In the 1930's the Army Air Corps asked Bausch & Lomb to develop sunglasses that would efficiently reduce high-altitude sun glare for pilots. Bausch & Lomb came up with sunglasses that had a dark green tint that absorbed light through the yellow spectrum.

Edward H. Land had invented the Polaroid filter and by 1936 he was using it in the making of sunglasses and soon, sunglasses became "cool." Movies stars began wearing sunglasses as a statement and to hide behind. Aviator glasses became popular with the movie stars and the general public in 1937 after Ray Ban developed the anti-glare sunglasses using polarization. The longer lens was created to give more protection to pilots' eyes from the light reflecting off their control panels.

By the 1970's Hollywood stars and fashion designers made a huge impact on the sunglasses market. Clothing designers and stars put their names on glasses and sunglasses and everyone had to have them.

In 2007, stars are still hiding behind their oversized designer sunglasses, making fashion statements and protecting their eyes from the harmful effects of the Ultra Violet (UV) rays of the sun. With modern technology and improvements, sunglasses continue to evolve. We have gone from holding green gems up to our eyes to watch Gladiator sports to Oakley's 2004 sunglasses with digital audio players built in. What's next?
    What else ya got?
    Clothes too modern? Haircut too fashionable? I'm still not seeing conclusive proof that this guy would be a timetraveler.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    wearing a t-shirt with a design on it. t-shirts were blank back then.

wearing a wu tang clan t-shirt. Well I guess the wu tang clan could have been formed back in 1941.

Actually don't know what the W stands for.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket
    Ahh so because a guy is wearing sunglasses in 1941 and glasses had not been invented yet?

http://www.articlesbase.com/fashion-...es-311957.html

By the 20th Century, sunglasses were used to protect the eyes from the sun. In 1929 Sam Foster began selling his protective sunglasses at Woolworth stores on the boardwalk at the beaches in Atlantic City and New Jersey. His Foster Grants were the first mass-produced sunglasses and they began the trend of sunglasses for fashion.

In the 1930's the Army Air Corps asked Bausch & Lomb to develop sunglasses that would efficiently reduce high-altitude sun glare for pilots. Bausch & Lomb came up with sunglasses that had a dark green tint that absorbed light through the yellow spectrum.

Edward H. Land had invented the Polaroid filter and by 1936 he was using it in the making of sunglasses and soon, sunglasses became "cool." Movies stars began wearing sunglasses as a statement and to hide behind. Aviator glasses became popular with the movie stars and the general public in 1937 after Ray Ban developed the anti-glare sunglasses using polarization. The longer lens was created to give more protection to pilots' eyes from the light reflecting off their control panels.

By the 1970's Hollywood stars and fashion designers made a huge impact on the sunglasses market. Clothing designers and stars put their names on glasses and sunglasses and everyone had to have them.

In 2007, stars are still hiding behind their oversized designer sunglasses, making fashion statements and protecting their eyes from the harmful effects of the Ultra Violet (UV) rays of the sun. With modern technology and improvements, sunglasses continue to evolve. We have gone from holding green gems up to our eyes to watch Gladiator sports to Oakley's 2004 sunglasses with digital audio players built in. What's next?
    What else ya got?
    Clothes too modern? Haircut too fashionable? I'm still not seeing conclusive proof that this guy would be a timetraveler.
    Look very closely at everyone else.... it is like they just got out of church, suits, hats, ties... ladies in dresses. Seriously this guy stands out like a sore thumb.

I was braindead yesterday and still picked this guy out of the crowd.

But if you wanna argue for the sake of arguing....
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barron
    Nice Richard
    Life is Good

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barron
    Nice Richard
    I like the addition of Bart Simpson!
    Chere'

Where did we send him Doc?
    I don't know.
    Don't worry no one will ever know what we did.
    But Doc he had my favorite sun glasses.
    IF she isn't happy no ones happy. If she isn't happy long enough you'll unhappy with half your stuff.
    http://childbikingutah.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes
    But if you wanna argue for the sake of arguing....
    This is a question? :P

So if a guy isn't wearing a suit and tophat in the 1940's, that means he's a time traveler? Naw I think it is a legit pic but trackrunner's point about there not being printed tee's in the 1940's is turning out to be pretty damn accurate. I googled Wu-tang clan tee shirts and could not find any similar in appearance to whoever those guys are. But every instance of tee shirts I found they had a blank canvas, even though the silk screening process seems to have been invented in 1907...

*cues spooky music*

I'm a believer....