Thread: TR - Climbing in Red Rocks and St. George

TR - Climbing in Red Rocks and St. George

Posted a bunch of new pics on my blog:

http://utoutdoors.blogspot.com

More on Picasa:

Here are a few preview shots:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice pics man! You guys are definitely a couple notches above my regular group. Hopefully this year or the next, we will start hitting those runs. How long you been climbing? This was my 2nd year and I'm addicted!

I didn't recognize the 6th one down with the really flat rock and road behind. Where was that?
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Man that's awesome!

I wish I could get that into climbing, my buddy that was teaching me last summer moved to Seattle. It's an itch I don't know how to scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by apcronnelly
    Man that's awesome!

I wish I could get that into climbing, my buddy that was teaching me last summer moved to Seattle. It's an itch I don't know how to scratch.
    Do you guys have a mountaineering club around? Because for us, in Vancouver, it's easy to hook up with other people for some climbing, from newb to advanced, by hanging out with the BC Mountaineering Club. They meet weekly for a gym climb, mid-week all year, and out on the crags regularly when the season hits. Great way to connect with other climbers.

Great shots

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket
    I didn't recognize the 6th one down with the really flat rock and road behind. Where was that?
    Calico Hills, Red Rocks. Stratocaster?

Ooooo...Petzl pro draws....!

Ha ha.

-Brian in SLC

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Great shots
    Oh yeah, I meant to say that, too. Just had too much to drink to keep my thoughts in line.

Those really are gorgeous shots. Totally look like they belong in a magazine or something. Looks like a great day!

great shots eric, thanks for sharin' them

Totally cool photos!
    Man, it looks like you guys had a great time!
    I wish I was a better climber so I could hook up with you guys!!!
    Looks like the weather was perfect too!
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

Thanks for the compliments. All the shots from above were taken by Matt. It was a bit of work to shoot from above but the pics turned out great! All three of us split up camera duty but Matt was the only one motivated enough to sit up top.

Yea Brian, Calico Hills, Stratocaster wall. The last few pics are from Chuckwalla. Matt and Mike both work for Petzl so pretty much all the gear they use is Petzl gear. I get all sorts of crap for rockin the Cinch instead of a Grigri.

Saturday was WINDY, but Statocaster was luckily pretty shielded. Hiking back to the cars we thought we were gonna get blown off the mountain. Sounded like weather was bad in St. George so we made the right choice to drive the extra two hours to Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy125
    Yea Brian, Calico Hills, Stratocaster wall. The last few pics are from Chuckwalla. Matt and Mike both work for Petzl so pretty much all the gear they use is Petzl gear.
    Aha...thought they looked familiar...must have seen them in house or at OR.

Yeah, GREAT shots!

Damn, you kids are strong.

But remember, sport climbing at Red Rocks is like masturbating on your honeymoon...

Har har...

Cheers!

-Brian in SLC

Ditto, ditto, ditto! Wow, great pix.

Do you guys have a mountaineering club around? Because for us, in Vancouver, it's easy to hook up with other people for some climbing, from newb to advanced, by hanging out with the BC Mountaineering Club. They meet weekly for a gym climb, mid-week all year, and out on the crags regularly when the season hits. Great way to connect with other climbers.
    Ogden is in the process of building a new climbing gym. Hopefully things will take off from there.

sorry to hijack...those shots are so sick!

The Wasatch Mountain Club does get togethers but they are in SLC. Ya the new Ogden front should be a good place to meet people. It's supposed to open sometime this year.

http://frontutah.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by apcronnelly

Ogden is in the process of building a new climbing gym. Hopefully things will take off from there.
    To quote Lil' John: "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!"

http://www.frontogden.com/

No more driving to Logan or SLC on those slippery winter roads!

-Brejcha

I just got back from red rocks last weekend! if you are a sport climber it is definitely for the more experienced. I just started leading this season and there were only about 10 9+ routes for me. I guess ill just have to get better and lead 5.11 sport routes soon ;)

p.s. there is also a rock climbing meetup group im a member of in slc:

http://www.meetup.com/Salt-Lake-Climbers

This group taught me how to climb!