Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets say you're the first human ever to make alien contact

Lets say you're the first human ever to make alien contact

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I don't see anything in there about NOT having sex with them and since he did it before the Prime Directive I guess Kirk is off the hook?

I'm trying to figure out why the dork that wrote the letter thinks the aliens will be friendly????

Shoot all aliens on sight!!!! It will prolong our lives, but in the end we are all toast.... because never in history has an advanced race meet an inferior race and not inslaved them or wiped them from existiance.

I stumbled upon this little post while I was putting off research for my 'History of Math' paper I need to write this semester, and I havent chosen a topic. I think I just got some ideas...
    "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements"

Peter Gibbons - Office Space

Quote Originally Posted by DWayne27
    my 'History of Math' paper
    The history of math by Ice

Shit I guess I blew that.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

Re: Lets say you're the first human ever to make alien conta

"the odds that we will be technologically within 5,000 years of the aliens is roughly absolute zero.
    "They won't speak your language"

Believe me, I think they'll have an equivelant to Google Translate. Just speak English.

"the odds that we will be technologically within 5,000 years of the aliens is roughly absolute zero."

That also means that they won't just come to earth by landing and talking to the first Yokel they meet.. so this whole issue of being the first person to meet them is null and void.. they will choose someone that doesn't need to learn these things from a chart :)
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Quote Originally Posted by TooeleCherokee
    "the odds that we will be technologically within 5,000 years of the aliens is roughly absolute zero."

That also means that they won't just come to earth by landing and talking to the first Yokel they meet.. so this whole issue of being the first person to meet them is null and void.. they will choose someone that doesn't need to learn these things from a chart :)
    Killjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Shoot all aliens on sight!!!! It will prolong our lives, but in the end we are all toast.... because never in history has an advanced race meet an inferior race and not inslaved them or wiped them from existiance.

Wow... even Stephen Hawking agrees with me....

Aliens may exist but contact would hurt humans: Hawking
    Sun Apr 25

LONDON (AFP)

Has anybody ever considered the option that we may have contacted other life forms, but they're the ones afraid to respond?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Has anybody ever considered the option that we may have contacted other life forms, but they're the ones afraid to respond?
    Or that aliens may be nutritious and tasty!

Alien Jerky

all i ask is that they kiss me before they insert the probe.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by denaliguide View Post
    all i ask is that they kiss me before they insert the probe.

Homer: [gulps] I suppose you want to probe me. Well, might as well get it over with. [unzips his pants]
    Kang: [disgusted] Stop! We have reached the limits of what rectal probing can teach us.

Douglas Adams in the hitch hikers guide to the universe mentioned that aliens thought earth was the slum neighborhood and nobody wanted to visit because of all the crazies with guns and nuclear weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Douglas Adams in the hitch hikers guide to the universe mentioned that aliens thought earth was the slum neighborhood and nobody wanted to visit because of all the crazies with guns and nuclear weapons.
    I've been wanting to see that film for a while.

I've been wanting to see that film for a while.
    NOOOOOOO. The film was crap. Read the book or ignore the story entirely just don't see the film.

OK, this thread gets a "win". Nice comments... I particularly liked Richard's "nutritious and tasty" comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    NOOOOOOO. The film was crap. Read the book or ignore the story entirely just don't see the film.
    Or even better - listen to the original BBC Radio recording. It's fantastic!