Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ropes

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia
    The taxi (aka shuttle) IS available for Mystery and Engelstead. Not available for Pine Creek Spry unless we (ZAC) decide to offer it. I'll look into it.
    Hmmm.... during construction permits are only available to those who can provide proof of a shuttle..... that could be a win-win-win situation....

Canyoneers win because the routes remain open.
    The Park wins because they are helping and not hindering.
    Commercial shuttles win because they can bank a little coin.

My only comment on the deal would be that permits are open to anyone providing a commercial or private shuttle.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by sarahlizzy
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce from bryce
    Might be that the canyons will be open, just that the parking will be far from the trailheads. May have to do the longer route through to Pine Creek like we did 3-4 years ago.
    That could be quite interesting!

Am I weird in thinking that they have a rather narrow view in assuming people won't take taxis to the trailhead, especially for canyons like Spry or even Pine Creek? People do it for Mystery, Englestead and co. after all.
    The taxi (aka shuttle) IS available for Mystery and Engelstead. Not available for Pine Creek Spry unless we (ZAC) decide to offer it. I'll look into it.

Tom
    ZAC shuttled my Son and I for both Spry and Pinecreek last year. They charged me the min. Left my vehicle at the bottom both times. Pricey for the distance but it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce from bryce
    Might be that the canyons will be open, just that the parking will be far from the trailheads. May have to do the longer route through to Pine Creek like we did 3-4 years ago.
    That could be quite interesting!

Am I weird in thinking that they have a rather narrow view in assuming people won't take taxis to the trailhead, especially for canyons like Spry or even Pine Creek? People do it for Mystery, Englestead and co. after all.
    I guess Pine Creek is a little awkward because one would generally expect to leave a car at the second turnout. Don't see that hiking down to Canyon Junction would be a problem though.
    Taxi???? That is what your thumb is for. I have hitched a ride there a bunch of times. But of course I have nice legs.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    Taxi???? That is what your thumb is for. I have hitched a ride there a bunch of times. But of course I have nice legs.
    You'll have to forgive me. I live in South East England, and therefore assume that anyone who would stop to offer me a lift is probably thinking of at least mugging me.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm thinking the new first rap in pine cr. needs to be out the upper window.

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7
    I'm thinking the new first rap in pine cr. needs to be out the upper window.
    Oh hell yes!