Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will there be a Moab Bogleyfest this year?

Will there be a Moab Bogleyfest this year?

I was just looking at my calendar and noticed the Cache Valley Dart League Party on April 24th, Mother's Day on May 9th, and the Salt Lake Century on May 15th.

That leaves the weekend of May 1st so we would have to make campground reservations now if it's going to happen.

What say everybody? Will I have reason enough to become a Bogley Big Shot between now and then?
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Will there be a Moab Bogleyfest this year?

Quote Originally Posted by cachehiker
    the Cache Valley Dart League Party on April 24th,
    What is Cache Valley Dart League. Where can I find some info. thanks
    IF she isn't happy no ones happy. If she isn't happy long enough you'll unhappy with half your stuff.
    http://childbikingutah.blogspot.com/

A Bogley fest only requires someone to step up and start organizing..... pick a date, a place, list what is on the menu and start kicking ass and taking names.

Blog Entries
    I'm headed with a friend to Moab this Sunday through Thursday - although anyone who is interested is welcome to join us.

We are doing Medieval Chamber (never done), Elephante Butte, Tierdrop, Big Horn (ya ya...not great I hear but never done it) and Rock of Ages, and possibly some classic hikes - devil's garden loop and delicate arch, mixed in with the tunnel and ring arch as well as mixing some Canyonland hiking.

But I agree with Cache hiker there should be one this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jman
    Big Horn (ya ya...not great I hear but never done it)
    It's the visit to "The Tunnel" that makes Big Horn unique.... exiting down the Chinese Wall just makes the route more exciting than the standard hiker route.

I think it's all in how you approach the route.... If you approach it as.... "wow, that's an interesting retreat from The Tunnel".... the route will mean more than doing it as "we hiked past The Tunnel while doing Big Horn" ..... if that makes sense?

The Tunnel

The Chinese Wall

I SOO want to do a Moab trip - would love to do it in May - BUT, I have a crapload on my plate until the middle June. Probably closer to July. I'm not opposed to a hot Moab trip...

Hit ROA yesterday, waist deep spot. Tried to roll my jeep in Prichett, all's good. As Shane says I have taken my turn in the barrel, someone just needs to step up and take the lead. On a side note had mexican last night and the manager walked over and asked where my big group was.

Mark

Instead or in addition perhaps a fall Moab fest? Wasn't that when last year's fest was?
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Quote Originally Posted by ststephen
    Instead or in addition perhaps a fall Moab fest? Wasn't that when last year's fest was?
    Abby and I will likely be in Moab during the third week of October for our annual anniversary trip.

Quote Originally Posted by ststephen
    Last year there was a Spring Bogley fest in Moab, Most the group camped at Gold Bar group site, lots of mountain biking and canyoneering.

There was a summer Bogley fest in Zion. Mostly canyoneering.

There was a Fall Bogley fest in Moab, mostly canyoneering with some mountain biking.

There might have been others... maybe among the mountain bikers?

Each of the Bogley fests had it's own flavor and experiance. The fest normally takes on the the flavor of those doing the planning.

This year I know a family fest is being planned for Zion May 20-23.
    http://bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19412

If you want to plan a fest just start a thread. The reason for starting a thread and not hi-jacking an existing thread is this allows you to keep editing the first post so all the important info stays in one easy to find place.

If you want to plan a fest just post Bogley fest, place, date, and ask folks to start signing up if they are interested. Once a fest is posted they have a tendancy to run themselves and just need someone to guide the direction of the fest and keep the thread organized. They just need a leader to make choices... group dinner? which night? where? camping or motels?

Re: Will there be a Moab Bogleyfest this year?

Quote Originally Posted by StudChild
    What is Cache Valley Dart League. Where can I find some info. thanks
    It's a bunch of beer drinkers with a steel tip problem. This year there's eight teams with 5-6 players each. We meet at The White Owl and the Eagles Lodge Monday nights at 7. There will likely be a team needing a sub during the last few weeks of the "season". $10 sign-up, $3/night thereafter, play once, and you're invited to the party.

I've been doing some checking around and the only group sites still available for the nights of Friday, April 30 and Saturday, May 1 are at Lone Mesa Campground. It's the one located near Island in The Sky and Dead Horse Point.

There's 15 person minimum per site. Are there ten people out there ready to say "I'm in." ??

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    There is nothing I would love more than to go back to Moab and explore. However this year I have a potential huge change in my career that would involve moving. I need to save every spare dime I can to make the move easy. I won't know for sure probably not until the end of April. That puts all of my summer plans on hold until I know if the job is mine. (Cross your fingers for me!)

I am up for a fall Moabfest. I am pretty sure by fall I would be able to go.
    Chere'

There's 15 person minimum per site. Are there ten people out there ready to say "I'm in." ??
    You can count me in for that weekend.
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes
    There is nothing I would love more than to go back to Moab and explore. However this year I have a potential huge change in my career that would involve moving. I need to save every spare dime I can to make the move easy. I won't know for sure probably not until the end of April. That puts all of my summer plans on hold until I know if the job is mine. (Cross your fingers for me!)

Where are you moving to? Good luck with your job opportunity! I was offered a fantastic position to come in as a partner with my friend's husband while I was visiting back in New Orleans last month. I have decided to accept it. My house is now on the market. I need all the capital I can get from it to finance my move back (doesn't help that the market sucks!) and the time I need to find a place and get settled down there. I hate to leave Utah after being here nearly 15 yrs, but it's an opportunity I can't pass up.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313

Where are you moving to? Good luck with your job opportunity! I was offered a fantastic position to come in as a partner with my friend's husband while I was visiting back in New Orleans last month. I have decided to accept it. My house is now on the market. I need all the capital I can get from it to finance my move back (doesn't help that the market sucks!) and the time I need to find a place and get settled down there. I hate to leave Utah after being here nearly 15 yrs, but it's an opportunity I can't pass up.
    Southern Utah. I have applied for a position with Dixie State College. Good opportunity for me, kinda one of those you can't pass up. I have a good shot at it. It is hard cuz I love my job at Weber, love the people I work with. Part of me wants to go and part wants to stay. Guess I will wait and see if I am offered the job and then see which part screams the loudest.

Savanna we should do lunch before you move out of state!
    Chere'

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313

Southern Utah. I have applied for a position with Dixie State College. Good opportunity for me, kinda one of those you can't pass up. I have a good shot at it. It is hard cuz I love my job at Weber, love the people I work with. Part of me wants to go and part wants to stay. Guess I will wait and see if I am offered the job and then see which part screams the loudest.

Savanna we should do lunch before you move out of state!
    Most definitely. I love Southern Utah! I would be a snowbird if I could afford it. As far as my leaving, it will all depend on how long it takes for the house to sell. If anyone had ever told me that I would be moving back to New Orleans after being here for almost 15 yrs, I would tell them they were crazy. This has been a really tough decision to make, but the bottom line is the real estate market ( I am an agent) has sucked for a long time and this is an opportunity I can't pass up. In addition, I moved out here initially because my sisters and mother had moved out here - now both my sisters have gone back South and have left my mom with me to care for full time. She is a semi-invalid and I just can't do this on my own and work too. I need the support system of my family. To be honest, I had so much fun when I visited last month, it made me homesick. However, I know I will miss Utah something awful too. Especially the summers! Oh well...........hopefully success will afford me the luxury of being able to come back often.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Guess no one else is intersted in that weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by IntrepidXJ
    You can count me in for that weekend.
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

There's the Zion Family Fest as Ice mentioned in May, and there's also a group of mtn bikers hitting Fruita CO in mid April just across the border from Moab a bit.