Thread: Leprechaun on the 20th

Leprechaun on the 20th

Just a courtesy 'head's up'. I'll be taking a group of scouts in the right fork of leprechaun and/or the right fork of blarney on the 20th.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Of this month? Any recent conditions reports from down there?

A while back we went down after some recent rain and snow and did Right Blarney. We hit several wades, one up to my neck (I am 6'1) that most of the group had to swim. It was pretty chilly. When we got back, I read other trip reports from people in the area the same weekend that said everything else down there was dry. I dont know if Blarney typically holds that much more water or drains that much slower after rain, or if that was just a weird situation, but I thought I'd share...
    "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements"

Peter Gibbons - Office Space

Yep this month. Any condition reports would be nice if anyone is there this coming weekend.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Ask and ye shall receive. Wy Dave posted North Wash condition's report over at canyons egroup. He is a member here and I'll let him post word for word if he wants. But for those that are not members of the canyons group I'll summarize his post:

Link to the post: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canyons/message/55566

Raining in Hanksville since Sat the 7th. Every drainage flowed all the roads/trails are saturated. slick rock approaches are saturated, chalky, & sandy. He did West Lep, wrote it was dry but the rock is very damp and crumbly. Morocco had waist deep wades and a swim.

Here is a North Wash report posted yesterday
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20543

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner
    Raining in Hanksville since Sat the 7th. Every drainage flowed all the roads/trails are saturated. slick rock approaches are saturated, chalky, & sandy. He did West Lep, wrote it was dry but the rock is very damp and crumbly. Morocco had waist deep wades and a swim.
    Drove from Blanding out to North Wash on Tuesday (3-9-10) to check out the conditions. Cedar Mesa still has a lot of snow through the bears ears. From there to Hite it is mostly just on the north facing slopes and gets less and less the closer to North Wash you get. There are a lot of puddles and the ground is super saturated. White Canyon was flowing probably 8+ inches deep. (Just looked from road)

North Wash didn't show much signs of snow, but the ground is very saturated. A lot of puddles where there could be some. The air was very humid for this area. I didn't get into any canyons but North Wash itself was flowing 3-4 inches deep.

Southern Utah is supposed to get hit with more snow storms this weekend again. Spring is playing hard to get this year.
    Jared Hillhouse
    North Wash Outfitters LLP.
    Twitter: @North_Wash
    N.W.O. on Facebook
    "Great Adventure Buddies Make It Happen"

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    Thanks for the updates.
    Just back. Snowed Sunday. Beautiful Monday and Tuesday. Canyons kinda wet, rock kinda wet, but drying quickly. Did Main Lep last Friday, no water more than knee deep. East Lep has that pool near the end that can be troublesome. Did three mini-slots yesterday. Had a swim at the end of Morocco, the only swim in the three: Hogwarts, Merry Piglet, and Morocco.

Good fun.

Tom