Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us YOUR ride:

Current ride is an Element 50 I picked up a few years back.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I like the element. Sweet ride!

This thread is so old that I'm on my second bike already.Name:  IMG_6409..jpg
Views: 1966
Size:  71.7 KB I've gone to the dark side and built a 29er just like I thought I never would! It's a little new a little borrowed and a little blue (spoke nipples). I've only got a partial build picture but she's all done now so I'll have to get another picture.

How about the whole families' rides?

Couldn't get the formatting to work so here is the description with a somewhat strange order. Amongst the pictures you will find a picture of our family motto.

My current ride - Specialized FSR XC. Loving the FS and looking to add some beefier tires.

Son's ride - Cannondale Jekyll 700. Art in motion.

My very first ride - Specialized Hardrock rigid.

Son's ride - Specialized Hardrock.

Wife's ride - Specialized Myka

Son's ride - Gary Fisher Roscoe One. Sweet deal purchased used. Very nice bike.

My previous ride - Trek 4300 Disc. Solid entry-level bike.

Name:  IMG_4236..jpg
Views: 2036
Size:  102.5 KBName:  IMG_4245..jpg
Views: 1952
Size:  100.4 KBName:  IMG_4241..jpg
Views: 1829
Size:  42.4 KBName:  IMG_4252..jpg
Views: 1874
Size:  104.7 KBName:  IMG_4240..jpg
Views: 1857
Size:  104.6 KBName:  IMG_4244..jpg
Views: 1786
Size:  102.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_4238..jpg
Views: 1738
Size:  107.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The gostak distims the doshes.

Nice stable of rides!

Was on the waiting list at Zion Cycles for their rental fleet for a while and finally got the call. 2011 Trek Fuel EX 8. Not much wear and tear thanks to it being an XL which doesn't get rented out as often.

Now I need to sell my 2010 Specialized FSR XC

Good looking bike. I like the green and squarish lines of the bike. Very cool!

Yeah the top tube etc all have really cool angles to them.

That can be a great way to get a newer bike. I got my first mountain bike that way. I paid 900.00 and it retailed at the time for 2300.00. I am suprised that they actually had a xl size.

That Niner is Sweet! I have been preparing to go to the darkside myself and waiting to see that 29'r scalpel....My choices are quite a few but I cant decide if it will specialized, superfly, niner......How about a review on the niner??

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride View Post
    That Niner is Sweet! I have been preparing to go to the darkside myself and waiting to see that 29'r scalpel....My choices are quite a few but I cant decide if it will specialized, superfly, niner......How about a review on the niner??
    Well I can tell you that I don't regret switching to the 29er. I made a big switch coming from a 6 inch travel 26er to the Jet with only 4 front and 3 rear wheel travel, but I've really only had a few times that I wanted a little more travel. The biggest difference to me is on technical climbs that were either impossible or nearly so I can ride up them almost easily on my Jet. The cornering is good even with some superwide bars on it but my front tire is a Geax Barro and I'm not too pleased with it in the loose stuff around on the shoreline trail. I have the exact same brakes off my old bike and you can tell it takes a little more to stop those big wheels once they get rolling but that's one of the benefits to them also, momentum. The Jet (and most 29ers I hear) really seems to love to be in the middle ring and I occasionally wish they made a 30 tooth middle ring (I'm working on getting my friend to make me one on his CNC mill) so that the small ring would jsut be a bailout gear for when you're completely spent and hallucinating. I've taken it on one trip to Park City and did a 38 miler on the Mid Mountain trail and it really excelled in that terrain alot with all of the imbedded rock gardens and rolling forested trails, it was at least as fast or faster than my El Guapo was up there with a 9.3 MPH average. I do have to lock out the Reba fork on any even medium sized climbs or it bobs way too much for my taste even way more than I remember my Fox Talas 36 doing. Traction is the biggest positive about the bigger wheels it does off cambers better, climbs rocky ledges and roots way better than a 26er. I only rode one other 9er and that was a Gary Fisher Hi Fi Pro but it was enough to convince me to come over to the dark side. The Jet seems to downhill better than the GF did but I did have to ride it a little differently (than my old bike) because of the lack of suspension travel, I can't just blast through things like I could.

very nice, thanks for the thoughts. I am going 29, just can't decide what bike to go with but I do know it will be carbon and at least have the new xt....I am looking forward to the 29er ride.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Just changed out the tires again this summer. Went with Maxxis Minion DF 2.5 with the exo sidewall reinforcement. Awesome
    Attached Images Attached Images  

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Such a sexy bike! By the way love the tires you sold me.
    Chere'

very good Dear Some are very nice.
    Thanks allot sharing,Because i also in search of a latest design ride.
    Thanks again.

Well I figured I should finally post up my wheels :)
    The Dale, The Giant and the Enduro

Name:  2011-09-05 10.20.42&.jpg
Views: 1661
Size:  164.3 KB
    Name:  2011-09-05 10.22.03&.jpg
Views: 1686
Size:  156.1 KB
    Name:  2011-09-05 10.20.30&.jpg
Views: 1628
Size:  154.5 KB
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Update.

Still have 2, but not the same ones.

2011 Trek Fuel Ex 8
    Name:  photo..jpg
Views: 5551
Size:  79.2 KB

2007 Specialized Big Hit III FSR
    Name:  BigHit III..jpg
Views: 5473
Size:  82.6 KB

Nice looking bikes. Dig your new one.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Sweet little (wait you are tall) big bikes you have there! One of these days I am going to try a downhill bike see what the difference is.
    Chere'

Downhill bikes are incredible!! when I got mine(which is currently for sale) I rode it for an entire season as a crosscountry rig and then had a hard time going back to a 'regular' bike...which is why I built up my current rig with 6" front N rear. I really love my all mountain monster!