Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us YOUR ride:

You should give Salsa a call. They might make it right.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker View Post
    ...I'm afraid my trusty steed has bought the farm. Came home from this mornings' ride, dismounted, looked down and saw two cracks. Can you say 'catastrophic frame failure'? The back crack wraps the frame almost all the way around, the front one more than half way. Time to look for a new frame...
    Dang, 2 places. Yeah, see if Salsa will do anything for you. Tell them you break your arm and then the frame breaks.

Here's the Big Hit. Got to love the 24" rear tire with 26" front. She treats me right!
    Name:  P1030374..jpg
Views: 792
Size:  119.7 KB

That naked lady on your red bike frame is pimpin'

I used to have mine set up that way - 24" rear 26"front. Loved it! I've since put a set of KORE Torsion DH 26" on the pig along with a set of Maxxis Mobster 2.7". Still fun to ride!

Grey hair, looks like you should look into a frame with a lifetime warranty, broke my frame two years ago after having the bike for 4 and in two weeks I had a bran new frame and built bike for free. Right now I am looking for a new bike and traying to decide vs the Superfly 100 or the tallboy, only problem with the tallboy is the two year frame warranty, that will probably be my deciding factor for the superfly to end up rolling the big wheels into my garage! I hope Salsa takes care of you!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Salsa would'nt replace the frame - they'd give me a new 'equivalent' upgrade for $1000. SO, I ordered an Azonic Avenger frame today
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice frame ! Looks like it will be a bit heavier than the salsa, but more duriable for the drops when you are not on the rm9.

Those welds looks pretty thick man.

My riding is definitely an all mountain/freeride mix so this frame should hold up well I knew when I bought the Salsa that it might be too light for me but, well, live and learn I guess. I haven't settled on the front fork yet either but I have the wheels & tires, handlebars, brakes, shifters, stem, crank & seat & post....'course everything is subject to upgrade

Nice wheels!

I knew when I bought the Salsa that it might be too light for me but, well, live and learn I guess
    No kidding, when I was shopping for a bike you steered me away from anything that wouldn't hold at least 2.5" tires
    And thanks, it's been awesome

I looked at the new Banshees too but I already have an account set up with Azonic - Rocky Mountain still wanted me to buy LOTS of bikes. SOooo....the Azonic is baddasss.

Bummer they wouldnt cut you any more slack, antoher bike company to put on the list of bikes not to buy. Seems like the list keeps on getting smaller and smaller. I like the new frame and the wheelset is going to be bad ass! Greyhair you have a santa cruz account?

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

[QUOTE=Sophie Hart;419625]Mountain biking is an unforgettable experience for any biker. I have tried different tracks in my area, and enjoyed a lot. But unfortunately I don
    IF she isn't happy no ones happy. If she isn't happy long enough you'll unhappy with half your stuff.
    http://childbikingutah.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker View Post
    Sophie - we need a picture of your bike or you on/next to your bike. Welcome to the site BTW!
    looks like she has been removed.
    IF she isn't happy no ones happy. If she isn't happy long enough you'll unhappy with half your stuff.
    http://childbikingutah.blogspot.com/

2010 Motobecane Fly Team Titanium

This is my sweet bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    MTB Biker