Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us YOUR ride:

I think it's great. Let us know how you like it.
    Are we there yet?

2. Likes Sombeech liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hey 'Beech...that's a pretty pricey bike you got there. I just checked it out. That thing is damn near full squish...it's got 150mm travel. I don't know if I'd want to ride that bike anywhere near it's capability in the SNOW!

Watch out, dude...that might be a rib breaker right there!
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

5. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    Thanks fellas, I had a fun ride today but also a TOUGH one once it got into the snow at 6 inches. I'll post some video soon.

A few shots from the snow in North Ogden

Man I hate that you took that motor up that trail. That got to be a rough ride up there.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

New bike day for IceAxe.... A built to order Fezzari Signal Peak...

Name:  New Bike.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  63.6 KB

10. Likes devo_stevo, twotimer, tallsteve, blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    New bike day for IceAxe.... A built to order Fezzari Signal Peak...

Name:  New Bike.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  63.6 KB
    Nice! Whats the specs?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Nice! Whats the specs?
    I'd have to look up what I did, but it was basically the Comp with a few upgrades.

https://www.fezzari.com/signalpeak

That's a nice bike, I just checked it out. No weight for the bike given on the website, though.

My trail bike is an alloy Superfly. It's nicely equipped but weights 28.5 lbs. I've been thinking of a new one, perhaps a Yeti SB100.

This bike however, is a contender. Do me a favor and post up the weight of that thing when you get the chance...I'm looking for 24 max.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

The frame is 2000 grams (4.4 pounds). I'll have to weigh my bike, but I can tell you it's really lightweight. I don't think they can really post a weight as every bike is custom built. Even things like handlebar width is based on your measurements or request.

Climb-Utah.com

27.9 pounds is the actual ready to ride bike weight and the weight I rode the bike at today.

This is not the bullshit advertised dry weight that most manufacturers use with no sealant in the tires or oil in brakelines, no pedals, and with no dropper installed, yada, yada....

The funny thing is my old Salsa had an advertised weight of 27.8 pounds and this bike is noticeably much lighter. Soon as I lifted the new bike into the truck I knew it was a lot lighter.

Climb-Utah.com

16. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Is is a 29er or 27.5?

29er, I wanted fast not snappy.

Climb-Utah.com

I would reckon their top build would be around 25.

Some guys I know don't care for super light bikes. A buddy of mine has a Specialized that's about 4 years old that weighs in at 24. I rode it for a few hours and just love it. It's hella expensive to get a bike like that, though.

I've been eyeballing Craigslist...every now and then one of those comes up.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    I've been eyeballing Craigslist...every now and then one of those comes up.
    Yeah, used Signal Peaks are pretty rare right now as they have only been available for about 9 months. The bike also comes with a 30 day money back guarantee so just about anyone riding one is pretty happy with it.

And guys who don't like light bikes are obviously not XC races where weight is so important.

I did put a dropped on this bike, which I would swap out to save weight if I was doing some serious racing.

Climb-Utah.com

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    29er, I wanted fast not snappy.

Climb-Utah.com
    Thatll give you a chance to still get PRs. I may jump to a 29er at some point. Then I can shatter some of my old records. At least climbing records. I would assume the 27.5s are a little faster downhill? Maybe just turning and not necessarily the whole run. However, maybe the faster uphill and slower down averages out the same. I would think the 29er is faster everywhere though. Thoughts?

I'm quite happy with the dropper on my enduro bike, but I hardly use the one on my trail bike. I ride them about 50/50. I won't bother getting one on my next trail bike.

I think my 29er is certainly faster that my 27.5 enduro. Two very different bikes, though.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Thatll give you a chance to still get PRs. I may jump to a 29er at some point. Then I can shatter some of my old records. At least climbing records. I would assume the 27.5s are a little faster downhill? Maybe just turning and not necessarily the whole run. However, maybe the faster uphill and slower down averages out the same. I would think the 29er is faster everywhere though. Thoughts?
    As a general rule the 29ers are faster everywhere, except if the downhill starts getting tight and technical. Also some has to do with the tire the bike was truly designed for, and not the tire you can also run.

After years of riding with the HS MTB Teams I've found that faster up and slower down is a much better formula then slower up and faster down and the math proves it out.

Say I'm 1 second a minute faster climbing then you and your 1 second a minute faster at descending. Let's say we take a hypothetical lap of Corner Canyon for example. It takes roughly 30 minutes to climb from the bottom of Rush to the top and 10 minutes to descend. So after one lap I gain 30 seconds on the climb but you can only take back 10 seconds on the descent so at the end of one lap I have a 20 second lead. As you know in bike racing gaining 20 seconds a lap is a huge lead.

I think watching races like the Tour de France also proves this out as the mountain stage races are generally won and lost on the climb and seldom the DH.

Ya see... this is exactly the type of stuff I think about on long hard climbs which is why I have such a great answer for you... LOL....

Climb-Utah.com

24. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Gotcha. Ive thought about that often. Also, if I even need rear suspension at all when I ride corner canyon so often. Perhaps a hard tail 29er would be even faster. Some are going back to the hard tail. Which is interesting and for cross country maybe the ticket. However, I could see missing the rear suspension on bumpy sections. There is never a perfect bike for every scenario. What do you guys think about hardtails?

For XC racing, particularly in the high school series, I think a hardtail 29 is the hot setup.

I'm old so I appreciate the comfort of a squishy, and the one advantage to being old is you can afford better bikes.