Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us YOUR ride:

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    With the availability of XXL size bikes running thin, I thought I'd better grab something before they quit making them completely. So, I bought a 2017 Trek Procaliber frame and moved everything over from my Supefly that I could. The only thing I ended up having to buy was a new rear wheel as this frame has the newer Boost 148 width on it. Oh, I did buy a dropper post for it as well. After running a dropper on my fatbike all winter long, I can't ride without one now. I'm spoiled I guess. Anyway, I took it out and pedaled the Eagle Mountain trails yesterday. These trails were a good testing ground for a 1st ride what with all the embedded rock out there. The biggest thing I noticed was how soft of a ride the carbon frame feels compared to the harshness of my aluminum Superfly. That, along with the IsoSpeed decoupler, made for a really comfortable ride. My lower back felt pretty good after 17 miles, which I haven't been able to say for quite some time now.

Attachment 86782Attachment 86783Attachment 86784Attachment 86785
    Hey Steve,

Did you realize that your bike is missing the rear shock?!? You may want to contact Trek and see if they will send one to you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by neilether View Post
    Hey Steve,

Did you realize that your bike is missing the rear shock?!? You may want to contact Trek and see if they will send one to you.
    What? Oh the humanity!
    Are we there yet?

What? Oh the humanity!
    I feel like we've had this conversation before in some form or another. I guess some people never learn.

In other news, I just picked up an Ibis Mojo 3. 27.5+ bike. I currently have 2.8 tires on it. So far it's been really awesome.

I feel like we've had this conversation before in some form or another. I guess some people never learn.
    Probably! Honestly, I've liked my hardtail over the past few years. I don't care about going downhill really fast anymore. With that being said, I would have bought a lower travel, lighter-weight, full-squish a couple of weeks ago if any were available. Trek has dropped the XXL (23") size frame choices from all of their higher-end bikes, though. The XXL size Procaliber frame-set was available so, I jumped on it before they decide not to offer it anymore either. The Procaliber is kind of a soft-tail and I've noticed it does take the sting out of the trail. Good enough for now.
    Are we there yet?

Nice bike. I still have a hard time believing it's the same frame I've got. On mine, the top tube and the seat stays are a nearly straight line from the head tube to the rear drop outs. Reminds me of how short I am, I guess.

I love the bike though. So nice.

In other news, I just picked up an Ibis Mojo 3. 27.5+ bike. I currently have 2.8 tires on it. So far it's been really awesome.
    I'm looking at getting one of these. How does it run in the 2.4 2.5 tires@

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    Nice bike. I still have a hard time believing it's the same frame I've got. On mine, the top tube and the seat stays are a nearly straight line from the head tube to the rear drop outs. Reminds me of how short I am, I guess.

I love the bike though. So nice.
    Cool. So, you have the Procaliber? Which one?
    Are we there yet?

Cool. So, you have the Procaliber? Which one?
    It's the 9.8. The light blue one. I love it. I think I put a picture up earlier in this thread. Maybe. I'll take a look...

Edit: Post 269. Here's a couple of pics.

Name:  moab.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  69.8 KBName:  Procal98(2).jpg
Views: 433
Size:  64.6 KBName:  Procal98(3).jpg
Views: 401
Size:  98.8 KB

11. Likes tallsteve liked this post
    Sweet! I've named my bike Frankenstein, as it's a mish-mash of parts. My component level is about like yours though. I am getting rid of the Sram XO brakes as they are 3+ years old. I just ordered XT's. So far, I love the ride. The combination of carbon frame and wheel and the IsoSpeed make for a very comfy, yet fast, ride.
    Are we there yet?

13. Likes devo_stevo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by gholt View Post
    I'm looking at getting one of these. How does it run in the 2.4 2.5 tires@

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Sorry for the delayed response. I really like this bike, but have only tried it with 2.8 tires thus far. When these wear out I may experiment with the new crop of 2.6 or a 2.5. Not sure yet.

i love that color...same as my fuel 9.8...

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Not my bike, but looks pretty sweet.

17. Likes double moo liked this post
    Is anodized aluminum back in style again??? Awesome. Purple looked great on bikes in the 90s and I like it on the new bikes too. That thing looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    Is anodized aluminum back in style again??? Awesome. Purple looked great on bikes in the 90s and I like it on the new bikes too. That thing looks great.
    Yeah, until 10 years from now and it looks gay as hell...again.

I remember those colors from the 90s...I had them sportin' all over the bags of my Ninja crotch-rocket. Wouldn't be caught dead looking like that now.

I say git rid of the purple on that bike, then it looks badass.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Yeah, until 10 years from now and it looks gay as hell...again.

I remember those colors from the 90s...I had them sportin' all over the bags of my Ninja crotch-rocket. Wouldn't be caught dead looking like that now.

I say git rid of the purple on that bike, then it looks badass.
    This is true. It's a total fad, and will go out of style again. It also fades in the sunshine, so in a couple of years, the top of the levers is really light purple, and the underside is still nice and bright. I don't like too much of it, but a little bit looks good to me. Although, I preferred some of the other colors to purple. I remember my brother had one of those Paul Components rear derailleurs that was all machined aluminum and had the "rasta" anodizing treatment. It looked cool as heck, but that thing was a pain in the butt to get it to shift well. There is a reason Shimano and SRAM are the bosses in the drivetrain world.

Aw snap, haters gonna hate, I just bought this bad boy today

Plus sized tires will help riding in the snow too. For every wisecrack about how ebikes are for girls, I'm going to log a Strava ride

https://www.haibike.com/en/INT/bikes...ro-all-mtn-9-0

More like driving in the snow, 'Beech.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    ^^^Guess how I know you're a big fat pussy?

Climb-Utah.com

Can't hear you guys from back there

25. Likes double moo liked this post