Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us YOUR ride:

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker View Post
    Downhill bikes are incredible!! when I got mine(which is currently for sale) I rode it for an entire season as a crosscountry rig and then had a hard time going back to a 'regular' bike...which is why I built up my current rig with 6" front N rear. I really love my all mountain monster!
    Ditto on all of the above. I have been riding, walking, some pedaling on a downhill bike for the past 11 years. For the longest time I have said, " weight = strength = stability and control. " I have been suprised as of lately how much better the all mountain and some cross country bikes see to handle. My problem is that I like to utilize the benefits of a downhill bike, therefore I prefer challeging rugged obstacle type trails. If I were to scale back a little and get an all mountain bike, I would have to become a better rider instead of being lazy and just hanging onto the bars.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

MMMMMMM! Just put my deposit down for my new bike in 2012...went to the dark side and I cant wait!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride View Post
    MMMMMMM! Just put my deposit down for my new bike in 2012...went to the dark side and I cant wait!
    Ah a 29'er? What did you decide on?
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Name:  IMGP0943..jpg
Views: 633
Size:  130.5 KB

Not many road bikes here it seems! Here's my Specialized Ruby Elite, taking a break during a climb up Horseshoe Meadows Road in the Sierras.

This photo reveals that I am short and slow (triple)!

Note this bike is in storage while I'm overseas, but I'll be back on it next season! Unless, of course, I decide to buy a new bike!

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Sweet little bike! I just bought my first road bike in December. New bikes are amazing. I have to stay out of the bike stores cuz I get bike lust to easily.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    Sweet little bike! I just bought my first road bike in December. New bikes are amazing. I have to stay out of the bike stores cuz I get bike lust to easily.
    I am the same way especially weak when it comes down to anodized parts.

My new 2012 Trek/Gary Fisher Superfly 100. I've had it for a month but, due to an injury, have only been on 3 rides with it. I'm bummed I missed all the gorgeous fall riding!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Are we there yet?

It seems like most people are either roadies or mountain bikers, I guess I'm one of the few that I know that do a little of both. It's the best of both worlds I think being able to pedal out of the garage and get a quick 20 or 30 miler in after work or if I have more time hitting the trails for a 10-12 miler. Keeps me from getting burned out too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace66 View Post
    Name:  IMGP0943..jpg
Views: 633
Size:  130.5 KB

Not many road bikes here it seems! Here's my Specialized Ruby Elite, taking a break during a climb up Horseshoe Meadows Road in the Sierras.

This photo reveals that I am short and slow (triple)!

Note this bike is in storage while I'm overseas, but I'll be back on it next season! Unless, of course, I decide to buy a new bike!

Quote Originally Posted by mxerhale View Post
    It seems like most people are either roadies or mountain bikers, I guess I'm one of the few that I know that do a little of both. It's the best of both worlds I think being able to pedal out of the garage and get a quick 20 or 30 miler in after work or if I have more time hitting the trails for a 10-12 miler. Keeps me from getting burned out too.
    You can count me in that group now. I still prefer my mtn bike over my road bike but riding the road bike has improved my mtn biking. I start a HIT spin class on a trainer here in a couple weeks. Did this a couple months ago. The instructor kicks your arse! Serious improvement in my pedal strength.
    Chere'

I am definitely a MTB'r, even though I have a recumbent as my roadie, a couple beach cruisers, a couple 26" dirt jump bikes....ok...so I'm just addicted to biking in general

I would get hurt for sure showing off on my roadbike. I rode it once 2 years ago with my son while he was getting his cycling merit badge. I have more fun driving my car on the pavement and riding my mountain bike in the mountains. Just my own personal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    Oh-oh, I just bought a copy of Road Bike Action Magazine's 2012 Bike Buyer's guide!!

I'm still looking to pick up a Surly Pugsley for my 'non - suspension' rig but I'm looking for parts to fix my all mountain monster......blew the rear upper mounting bolt and snapped the airvalve right off on my Marzocchi ROCO tst air shock I really don't want to buy a new shock to replace this...

I think that would be perfect around here right about now with 3 inches of snow on the trails.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    Ah a 29'er? What did you decide on?

Coming soon with some Carbon Baby, went with the Superfly 100 elite, full XT

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride View Post
    Coming soon with some Carbon Baby, went with the Superfly 100 elite, full XT
    Sweet. I just started doing my research for a fs 29'er to be purchased in February. Lots of choices. I like the way that rumble fish looks!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Trek Remedy 9.9
    6" Travel front and rear...hoping this will be a good do-it-all bike for Southern Utah.

Wow! I dig that bike. Great looking ride.

Another new bike?? You must have been a good boy! I think I am jealous.
    Chere'