Thread: Show us YOUR ride:

I finally bought this from Mark.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1427863407768.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  61.5 KB

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Just picked these puppies up. Anybody else riding them? I've been on Eggbeaters the past several years and never had a problem with them whatsoever, just thought I'd try SPD's again for fun.

Name:  XTR.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  61.0 KB
    Are we there yet?

Brought the ladies to bear lake over the 4th, didn't have a lot of time to ride but I took my brother down hodges canyon.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1436365412716.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  59.2 KB

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I spend 95% of my time on my DH bike so I figured it was time to sell my Carbon Trek Remedy 9.9 since it was definitely overkill for the rides I would take it on (following my 5 year old down simple singletrack).

Sold it for $2000 and bought this guy for $400

2015 Trek XCaliber 6. Definitely a downgrade but certainly sufficient for what it will be used for.

Name:  XCaliber 6.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  102.1 KB

We've sold a ton of the X-Cal 6's at the shop. They've proven to be pretty bulletproof for the casual rider but, that is a HUGE downgrade from the Remedy 9! I'm guessing the Suntour fork is going to feel like crap compared to what you're used to.
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    We've sold a ton of the X-Cal 6's at the shop. They've proven to be pretty bulletproof for the casual rider but, that is a HUGE downgrade from the Remedy 9! I'm guessing the Suntour fork is going to feel like crap compared to what you're used to.
    Definitely, even just riding off the curb at my house I cringed at that thing, but I really do just follow my 5 year old around singletrack when I'm not riding DH, so it willl suffice. Once he starts to pick up the pace a bit I plan on buying a budget, but improved fork. That Suntour really is crappy.

Picked up a Fat Bike. It was a demo with only a few rides and decent components. I got it at the shops cost of $900.

2016 Fuji Wendigo 1.1 Lightly used. Demo bike at Loyal Cycle in Farmington. Pick this up while fat bike season is in full swing. Two sizes available 17" and 19"

MAIN FRAME Fuji A2-SL alloy w/ PowerCurve down tube, oversized seat tube
    REAR TRIANGLE Fuji A1-SL alloy w/ S-bend chainstays, post disc mount, 197x12mm dropout and replaceable hanger
    FORK Fuji Alloy rigid, tapered alloy steerer, disc tabs
    CRANKSET Samox, alloy, 36/22T
    BOTTOM BRACKET Sealed cartridge bearing
    PEDALS Alloy platform
    FRONT DERAILLEUR SRAM X-7
    REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Deore XT shadow, 10-speed
    SHIFTERS Shimano Deore, Rapid Fire, 10-speed
    CASSETTE Shimano HG50, 11-36T, 10-speed
    CHAIN KMC X10 w/ MissingLink, 10-speed
    WHEELSET Weinmann rims, 100mm (F), 100mm (R) wide, 32h, Formula SL-1240 front, Formula DHL-197 rear disc hubs, stainless black spokes
    TIRES Vee Bulldozer, 26 X 4.7", 72tpi, folding
    BRAKE SET Tektro HD-M290, hydraulic disc, 180/160mm rotors
    BRAKE LEVERS Tektro HD-M290, hydraulic disc

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&cat=191&ad=38048072

Name:  FullSizeRender 7.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  131.9 KB

Nice bike and you didn't have to pay the full retail.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

It's been ten years since I bought a new mountain bike. Business has been good this last year, so my wife told me i could get a new mountain bike for Christmas. She even told me I could get whatever I wanted to. It was weird, but very nice. So I scored this. 2016 Trek ProCaliber 9.8. Got it for a great price and it's really nice.

Now for the warm weather...
    Name:  Procal98(2).jpg
Views: 421
Size:  64.6 KB

11. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Nice ride @devo_stevo. I dig the blue color.

I didn't do a ton of homework on mine, but knew it was at cost and a great deal based on what I saw.

Looks like I got $400 off what performancebike. com is selling them for.

http://www.performancebike.com/bikes..._1186951_-1___

13. Likes New Mexico, devo_stevo liked this post
    Thanks. I can't wait to actually take it out and ride it.

I've been looking at the fat bikes too. Maybe I can talk the wife into one of them next year. ;) I think $900 is a pretty reasonable price for what looks like a great bike to take out and have some fun.

16. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    It's been ten years since I bought a new mountain bike. Business has been good this last year, so my wife told me i could get a new mountain bike for Christmas. She even told me I could get whatever I wanted to. It was weird, but very nice. So I scored this. 2016 Trek ProCaliber 9.8. Got it for a great price and it's really nice.

Now for the warm weather...
    Name:  Procal98(2).jpg
Views: 421
Size:  64.6 KB
    Sweet! I've been lusting after the Procaliber but, Trek doesn't make it in my size...yet. 21.5 is the biggest size it comes in.
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Picked up a Fat Bike. It was a demo with only a few rides and decent components. I got it at the shops cost of $900.

2016 Fuji Wendigo 1.1 Lightly used. Demo bike at Loyal Cycle in Farmington. Pick this up while fat bike season is in full swing. Two sizes available 17" and 19"

MAIN FRAME Fuji A2-SL alloy w/ PowerCurve down tube, oversized seat tube
    REAR TRIANGLE Fuji A1-SL alloy w/ S-bend chainstays, post disc mount, 197x12mm dropout and replaceable hanger
    FORK Fuji Alloy rigid, tapered alloy steerer, disc tabs
    CRANKSET Samox, alloy, 36/22T
    BOTTOM BRACKET Sealed cartridge bearing
    PEDALS Alloy platform
    FRONT DERAILLEUR SRAM X-7
    REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Deore XT shadow, 10-speed
    SHIFTERS Shimano Deore, Rapid Fire, 10-speed
    CASSETTE Shimano HG50, 11-36T, 10-speed
    CHAIN KMC X10 w/ MissingLink, 10-speed
    WHEELSET Weinmann rims, 100mm (F), 100mm (R) wide, 32h, Formula SL-1240 front, Formula DHL-197 rear disc hubs, stainless black spokes
    TIRES Vee Bulldozer, 26 X 4.7", 72tpi, folding
    BRAKE SET Tektro HD-M290, hydraulic disc, 180/160mm rotors
    BRAKE LEVERS Tektro HD-M290, hydraulic disc

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&cat=191&ad=38048072

Name:  FullSizeRender 7.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  131.9 KB
    Let us know what you think after you get a ride in. Fatbiking is hoot- I think you'll love it. There is a pretty active fatbike Utah facebook group if you want to join. Someone is always posting the latest snow conditions, particularly for Corner Canyon. Here's the link. If you can't join through the link, let me know and I'll add you. https://www.facebook.com/groups/421278327921222/
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    Sweet! I've been lusting after the Procaliber but, Trek doesn't make it in my size...yet. 21.5 is the biggest size it comes in.
    That's what you get for being "tallsteve". I'm the opposite at 5'-6", I'm "shortsteve". I have the opposite problem and have to worry about things like, can I fit a real water bottle in that frame?

I got the 17.5" frame and it feels good. Standover height on the 29er is not quite as nice as my old bike, but when I'm riding it, it feels really good.

I've also got a 1994 Trek 9700 OCLV mountain bike (one of the early carbon mountain bike frames). I'll try to get out and take a picture of the two together. It's interesting to see the the progression in the design of a hardtail mountain bike over the last 20 years. They are very different bikes.

Cool. Yeah, I love my Trek Superfly hardtail but, think the IsoSpeed decoupler on the ProCaliber is a really nice addition and would add some back-end comfort that the Superfly lacks, without going to a full-suspension of course. It's been used successfully on the Trek Domane road bike for several years now and is not just a gimmick.
    I wish it came in a 23" frame! Let us know what you think after giving it a spin.
    Are we there yet?

22. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    The weather is warming up and there are some bare spots on the mountain, so I went up to check it out after work last night.
    Name:  Procal98(3).jpg
Views: 352
Size:  98.8 KB

24. Likes accadacca, tallsteve liked this post
    Finally upgraded from my 10 year old Salsa El Santo.

I visited some KSL listings and 4 different shops, then ended up with this 2016 Giant Trance with a seat dropper, new Fox front (32) and rear (float) suspension with lockout. Shimano SLX components. I found that you get a lot more bike when buying a Giant. I got it brand new for $2,400. I heard that Giant is one of the largest bike manufacturers. They make bikes and parts for Trek and other brands. I ended up with a 27.5 wheel. Many of the brands are building mostly 27.5. Cannondale only has a couple 29ers, same as Giant, Trek and others.

26. Likes devo_stevo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I heard that Giant is one of the largest bike manufacturers. They make bikes and parts for Trek and other brands.
    Yes and no. Giant owns the overseas factory but, Trek owns their own machinery within the factory and has complete control over production. Trek is also the last big bike manufacturer still wholly owned by an American company, the same family that started the company back in 1976. Even Specialized sold 49% of it's company to a company out of Taiwan a few years ago. That being said, they all make good bikes and I think you'll love your new Giant!
    Are we there yet?