Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Show us YOUR ride:

Quote Originally Posted by rowilly View Post
    Nice bike! How do you like its suspension so far?
    Thank you. So far its very nice. It took me a while to get it tuned in properly for my riding style, but I think Ive finally got it right. Might experiment with some spacers, but Im going to give it a run up in North Carolina next week and see how it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mountain guy trapped in the wetlands of Florida.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

New bikes day - woohoo. After riding on our current set of bikes for about 6-7 years, the wife and I agreed it was time to upgrade and get new bikes for our anniversary last week. So, we headed out bike shopping a color weekend ago. Going into several shops in N SL Co, Davis Co, and Webber Co, it became very obvious that bike selection was at a bare minimum, especially if you were looking to spend <$6k on a new set of wheels. All the dealers said that bike manufacturers are having severe supply chain issues in building their bikes due to the scamdemic. And with the demand explosion as well, bikes and bike parts are very scarce and dont look to get better anytime soon. Several said they will likely be all out of bikes for the year by June.

Anyway, I picked up this sweet Pivot Trail 429. Took it out for its virgin voyage last Friday to Eagle Mtn. Fun times.

Name:  73C3DD85-8F3C-40CC-83D5-AA103129B62C.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  23.7 KB

Name:  5FBAA422-96C0-431A-BB60-D66B04FDA409.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  20.7 KB
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    New bikes day - woohoo. After riding on our current set of bikes for about 6-7 years, the wife and I agreed it was time to upgrade and get new bikes for our anniversary last week. So, we headed out bike shopping a color weekend ago. Going into several shops in N SL Co, Davis Co, and Webber Co, it became very obvious that bike selection was at a bare minimum, especially if you were looking to spend <$6k on a new set of wheels. All the dealers said that bike manufacturers are having severe supply chain issues in building their bikes due to the scamdemic. And with the demand explosion as well, bikes and bike parts are very scarce and dont look to get better anytime soon. Several said they will likely be all out of bikes for the year by June.

Anyway, I picked up this sweet Pivot Trail 429. Took it out for its virgin voyage last Friday to Eagle Mtn. Fun times.

Name:  73C3DD85-8F3C-40CC-83D5-AA103129B62C.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  23.7 KB

Name:  5FBAA422-96C0-431A-BB60-D66B04FDA409.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  20.7 KB
    Yeah, that's a nice bike....a buddy of mine has one. I'm looking to upgrade my trail bike as well. It's a 2014 Trek Superfly and I absolutely love it, but I've got a hard on for the Yeti SB100 or 115. I've been waiting for one to pop up on Craigslist but they're far and few between...there were several to choose from before the Great Hoax but I didn't pull the trigger. Funny thing about that...you would think people would be dumping pricey bikes in need of the cash, but in fact they're holding on to them. A few have appeared and they're asking damn near full retail! The retail price, even with 20% off or negotiating that is way too high.

Being a bit more patient will save me at least a thousand bucks.

Name:  266BDE81-9C6F-430B-9DEE-93D8F8901F70.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  22.8 KB
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Yeah, that's a nice bike....a buddy of mine has one. I'm looking to upgrade my trail bike as well. It's a 2014 Trek Superfly and I absolutely love it, but I've got a hard on for the Yeti SB100 or 115. I've been waiting for one to pop up on Craigslist but they're far and few between...there were several to choose from before the Great Hoax but I didn't pull the trigger. Funny thing about that...you would think people would be dumping pricey bikes in need of the cash, but in fact they're holding on to them. A few have appeared and they're asking damn near full retail! The retail price, even with 20% off or negotiating that is way too high.

Being a bit more patient will save me at least a thousand bucks.

Name:  266BDE81-9C6F-430B-9DEE-93D8F8901F70.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  22.8 KB

Yeah, I think that's the general norm today with anything outdoor gear (RV's, watersports, biking, hiking, camping gear, etc.). (Nearly) Nobody is traveling internationally, going on cruises, etc., and so they're all spending their money and time on outdoors toys, and hitting the local outdoor playgrounds. Because of the high demand, and scarce availability of new product in stores, used equipment prices are near/at new prices.
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

Ah, that's interesting! I didn't consider that the travel restrictions are behind it...in fact I hadn't consider that at all. Guess I wasn't thinking too deeply.

I wonder how much used gear will show up once the face diapers go away? Kinda like how exercise machines people put in their houses quickly turn into dust traps and laundry hangers.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.