Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo Reach

Mods, is there any way all this video game chat could be moved to its own video game subforum? I am not interested, and kind of tired of weeding through it every day.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barron View Post
    Mods, is there any way all this video game chat could be moved to its own video game subforum? I am not interested, and kind of tired of weeding through it every day.
    dont click on it
    Considering there is so little video game posts and millions of video game forums out there I see little need.

anyways.

I think we need a XBL GT roll call, I may have purged a few of you on my most recent FR clean up...
    I am Misfit 42

SPAM!!!! Ban him mods. No one talks about my beloved/sacred gaming obsession in this manner and gets away with it!
    The man thong is wrong.

This man spreads hate! I 2nd the ban!

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I am Misfit 42
    I am Corps98

just added you.. game on!

Certainly no need for a sub-forum...though I wouldn't fight it. I weed through plenty of my own idea of garbage to find the video game stuff :)

GT = MTB Mamba

GT = Jaxxinator
    The man thong is wrong.

I guess my point is that at one time Bogley, and before that, Uutah, was an outdoor forum. The "General Discussion" forum has, in recent years, turned into Facebook Jr., with more chatter about video games, web browsers, news, politics, cell phones, television, Torrenting, and on and on, none of which is about the outdoors, and none of which I need to visit Bogley to find.

As such, may I suggest some new subforums:

-Staring blankly at your new smart phone
    -Sitting and snacking, your Bogley guide to weight gain through television
    -"I don't like this," Bogley via Facebook
    -Weird news we already saw on Yahoo and CNN
    -Don't click here: great links to great web pages that you won't visit because it wasn't on Facebook

I miss Uutah.

Practice what you preach and post a trip report or move the hell out of the midwest. Its not my job to fill your Utah outdoors fix 24/7.

but I do see your point but would think a "game" title option would be more appropriate :)

I can see your point of view...but I also interpret the "General Discussion" to mean general things...anything in general...

Most forums have a specific topic of discussion...and then some non related forums and a General Discussion forum where anything goes. If you don't like the off topic, or in this case, non-outdoors stuff, then stay away from the General Discussion.

I can certainly see your point of view, we just have different interpretations of the "General Discussion"

The only thing I see in the General Discussion forum that is remotely related to the outdoors is GPS stuff. I think you either really hate video gaming in general, Halo specifically, or you have been holding in your distaste for the way the GD threads have changed. You have been bottling that anger for a long time in that case.

Mabey we could start a "Free UUTAH" campaign to get Bogley changed back. That was a pretty heated discussion back when it was announced, if I remember right. But I still like to shoot the breeze in the GD area about random stuff.
    The man thong is wrong.

Practice what you preach and post a trip report or move the hell out of the midwest. Its not my job to fill your Utah outdoors fix 24/7.

but I do see your point but would think a "game" title option would be more appropriate :)
    Actually, I post reports from ever trip I make here: http://richardbarron.net/traveller/

Its not my job to fill your Utah outdoors fix 24/7.
    Of course it's not your job to put outdoor content on Bogley. But why post video game content here? Surely there are hundreds of video game forums where hundreds more people play video games, trade ideas, share cheat codes, and have a common interest in video games.

I kind of feel like Bogley is undergoing MTV syndrome. I don't know how many of us are old enough to remember when MTV actually stood for Music TeleVision, and it actually had music on television, but I remember it, and I miss it. Maybe if Bogley is going the same way, it should be renamed the Bogley Everything Forum.

I kind of feel like Bogley is undergoing MTV syndrome. I don't know how many of us are old enough to remember when MTV actually stood for Music TeleVision, and it actually had music on television, but I remember it, and I miss it. Maybe if Bogley is going the same way, it should be renamed the Bogley Everything Forum.

I am 31.. not 13.
    Just stop checking out GD and problem solved.

My opinion is that people who like outdoors activities (Summit is one of them) also like other things. GD is a place where we can BS about the other general stuff we like in addition to the outdoors. Video games are in no way taking over bogley so I don't think it's an issue.

Plus...if you hit up the other video game forums...you hit a lot of little kids and the conversations basically revolve around how "gay" a game is, or how much better someone is than someone else and everything devolves quickly. Most of the gamers here on bogley are closer to the same age/stage in life and it makes for more mature discussion of a genre that attracts less mature participants on other forums.

Back on topic...my Walmart pre-order of Reach arrived today at 2pm. Got lucky there.

Simple, dont click. That's what I do with your posts.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Actually, I post reports from ever trip I make here: http://richardbarron.net/traveller/
    SPAM. We need a Richard Barron Blog Thread where he can do all of his own posting and I don't need to see reference to his blog five times a day.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25 View Post
    My opinion is that people who like outdoors activities (Summit is one of them) also like other things. GD is a place where we can BS about the other general stuff we like in addition to the outdoors. Video games are in no way taking over bogley so I don't think it's an issue.

Plus...if you hit up the other video game forums...you hit a lot of little kids and the conversations basically revolve around how "gay" a game is, or how much better someone is than someone else and everything devolves quickly. Most of the gamers here on bogley are closer to the same age/stage in life and it makes for more mature discussion of a genre that attracts less mature participants on other forums.

Back on topic...my Walmart pre-order of Reach arrived today at 2pm. Got lucky there.
    Exactly! In any case, I'll be picking mine up tomorrow. I am trying to decide if I'm gay enough to go to the midnight launch party and pick it up at 12:01. I think I'll resist. I do foresee a drastic drop in my MW2 gameplay as I start playing Halo.

Gamertag: Vegasarch. We definately should have a Bogley Clan.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Going to a midnight launch to hang out with all the nooooooobs while I pwn fools all night long with my early delivery.

Shoot we can turn this into a noob video game forum really fast can't we?

Everyone in here is noobs. I can pwn all uv u. dnt evntry 2 step i will own 411 /\/3\/\/85.

Wow that really went down hill fast. Sorry about that everyone.

I feel like I can openly admit that I didn't pre order Reach. I spend enough time online as it is and I don't need another game getting in the way of my COD. New game in November so I will only be playing Reach for a couple of months before I go back to COD. It's not worth buying it just to play it for 2 months.

There it's out. I feel so much better. Can you guys forgive me?
    The man thong is wrong.