Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo Reach

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Jetpacks FTW!
    though the video looks great, ultimately it looks like more of the same.
    I'll have to play this one before I buy it.

Here are the two I am stoked for...

Medal of Honor - Fall 2010

Ghost Recon Future Soldier - Fall 2010

The Reach Beta was awesome... been missing it for months.

Anyone else picking this up on September 14?

new multiplayer map montage

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    The Reach Beta was awesome... been missing it for months.

Anyone else picking this up on September 14?
    Of course. I pre-ordered it almost 3 months ago. Can't wait. I already know I'll be 'sick' that day at work!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    Of course. I pre-ordered it almost 3 months ago. Can't wait. I already know I'll be 'sick' that day at work!
    Nice
    I have been playing a bit of halo3 in order to fine tune my skills... pretty rusty atm

Forge world looks crazy, pretty much mean endless possibilities for multiplayer maps

[QUOTE=Summit;414068]Nice
    I have been playing a bit of halo3 in order to fine tune my skills... pretty rusty atm
    QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw you on Halo 3 the other night and I wa thinking WTF then I realized you were honing your skills. Too bad I sold my Halo 3 when I got MW2. It'll be a blast.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Just pre-ordered it through walmart.com comes with a $20 e-gift card which I'll be using to pre-order Call of Duty Black Ops.

Maybe a bit off-topic but I'm not a fan of the name Medal of Honor for a video game. Using unit names or tasks, using realistic equipment or even mock-ups of real battles doesn't bother me at all but using that name kind of pisses me off. Seems disrespectful to our nation's highest honor and the many incredible men who have done incredible things and often died not even knowing if they succeeded. The game looks fun, I don't think I'll buy it though.

Will be buying:
    September - Halo - Reach
    October - Medal of Honor
    November - Call of Duty: Black Ops
    January(?) - Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

I just might come out of the man cave next spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Forge world looks crazy, pretty much mean endless possibilities for multiplayer maps
    Dude, the stuff that is going to come out of the forging community is going to be sick!
    That's what I'm excited for.
    Also, did you see the new multiplayer clips where you can deploy a clone of yourself? AWESOME!

Edit: http://g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/61984...orld-Hands-on/
    3rd video down

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    using that name kind of pisses me off. Seems disrespectful to our nation's highest honor and the many incredible men who have done incredible things and often died not even knowing if they succeeded.
    Ditto - never been a fan of the name for the same reason.

As far as the game it self... Everything that comes out of EA studios always feels as if its been manufactured on some sort of gaming assembly line. Fun at first but not worth it in the long run.

Name:  Reach 1..jpg
Views: 293
Size:  30.7 KB

Name:  Reach2..jpg
Views: 297
Size:  31.2 KB

So far the campaign is nothing to die for, but I've only done 2 missions and the first was super short.

You have a modded box right?
    The only time I enjoy Campaign is when its co-op with friends.

Yeah I agree. Campaign and firefight are pretty lame solo and the wife isn't the least bit interested in halo. But I wont be playing this on live until Sep 14 when my other copy arrives.

Damn!!! I'd consider buying an XBox for that but I have one small problem (my thumbs are retarded).

Don't know if you guys have seen it yet but Brink is looking pretty interesting as well...definitely one to keep an eye on.

If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming. If you want to experience the element, get out of the vehicle!

I still remember the days when sex was safe....and skydiving was dangerous.

t-minus 6 days.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Maybe a bit off-topic but I'm not a fan of the name Medal of Honor for a video game. Using unit names or tasks, using realistic equipment or even mock-ups of real battles doesn't bother me at all but using that name kind of pisses me off. Seems disrespectful to our nation's highest honor and the many incredible men who have done incredible things and often died not even knowing if they succeeded. The game looks fun, I don't think I'll buy it though.
    Maybe this will only fuel the fire
    I was unaware of this part of the game

WASHINGTON (AP) - Military bases across the U.S. have banned the sale of a new video game that lets a player pretend to be a Taliban fighter and "shoot" U.S. troops.
    "Medal of Honor" by Electronic Arts, a major game developer based in Redwood City, Ca., hits stores Oct. 12.
    But after public protests, including one by British Defense Secretary Liam Fox, U.S. military officials decided not to stock the game in any of the nearly 300 service exchange shops on bases across the country. Gamers are scoffing at the decision, saying that advanced technology has made it commonplace in the gaming world to let a player switch sides and play the bad guy.
    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100908/D9I3U6680.html

Under 24 hours to go