Thread: Any idea what Ding & Dang will be like?

Any idea what Ding & Dang will be like?

In about 10 days? Temps? How much water? What conditions should I pack for? It's a long drive from the Udaho border and I have no feeling for what conditions might be like. Kanab was actually 10
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Definitely prepare for cold, wet, and muddy.
    I would send Udink a PM a few days before your trip ... he could at least give you a good idea of what conditions are like in Price.

looking forward to your TR

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar

Re: Any idea what Ding & Dang will be like?

[quote=cachehiker]In about 10 days? Temps? How much water? What conditions should I pack for? It's a long drive from the Udaho border and I have no feeling for what conditions might be like. Kanab was actually 10

I called Goblin Valley State Park 20 minutes ago looking for info for next weekend. They told me that Little Wildhorse is full of water, ice and snow. Ding and Dang will probably be similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P
    I called Goblin Valley State Park 20 minutes ago looking for info for next weekend. They told me that Little Wildhorse is full of water, ice and snow. Ding and Dang will probably be similar.

TR from LWHC two weeks ago - http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20366

Just a guess from past experience and what Scott reported: Ding will have knee deep water that is impossible to stem over. Dang will have waist to chest deep water, some of which can be stemmed with varying degrees of success.

I've also noticed that both LWH and Ding/Dang dry out fairly quickly if the weather warms up.

YMMV

Mr. Moon stemming the water in Dang. This is typical of several spots in the slot.

Waist deep or deeper and cold as a brass monkey's balls. These gals are either hard core or have all the best gear, probably both.

Thanks everybody. I was hoping for news from those who had been in the area recently and that trip report helped a lot. Don't know why I didn't notice it in my first search for info.

I've also isolated where it has to be on my maps and worked out that it will likely be in the low 20's in the morning and mid 40's in the afternoon. I've got more to do than I anticipated should I decide to go.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

Ding and Dang conditions

Has anyone done Ding and Dand in the past week? Just curious to see what the conditions may be..

I have a some family that has been in the area for the past few days and I just got of the phone with them. They only hiked LWHC and ran into pool inside the second set of narrows. They also said both LWHC and Ding/Dang TH's are reachable in 2wd's but beyond that that road in impassable. They did not hike ding or dang but I am pretty sure if you have water in LWHC that pools will be full in ding/dang.

Currently its raining in GreenRiver.