Thread: Kypet Cave

Kypet Cave

I'm not much into caving, but about 15 years ago I met this fellow, Kyle Voyles, and we did some vertical limestone tubes in the VRG together.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Oh wow.... There are some amazing formations in that cave. thanks for sharing Bo, very spectacular.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Thanks for posting the link.

I've been checking out the Tony Grove slide show as well.

http://jonjasper.com/TonyGroveCaves/index.html

I know where a couple of them are and a friend knows a couple more.

Now all I need is an ascender and all the rest.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

Trail Master
    9,500' on a foot hill, of a 14er Above the town of Evergreen Co
    Pretty cool indeed.
    I liked reading his bio, especially the part where he mentions starting a non grotto to avoid the nasty caving politics. It's cool to know that someone who started out not liking grottos could end up in so many great positions to work in caves.

Bo- if you ever want to go caving in colorado let me know, I know where most of the best in that state are, and I have access to most of them even though I'm not grotto affiliated.

Cachehike-I have ropes and a pair of ascenders, might be interested in checking out tonys grove sometime, if it's worth driving out there that is.
    Deffinately interested in meeting people who explore the main drain.

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to work up to Main Drain. It's 1227 feet deep if I remember correctly. Four rappels over 100', one that's 220', an ice climb early in wet seasons, etc. It's a bit much for somebody who's longest rappel to date is 70'.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

Blog Entries
    When I use to firefight for the BLM in St. George I once talked to Brandon Kowalis about Kypet cave, and others on the Arizona Strip. He and Kyle said that they have discovered more than 200+ caves all over the Strip!! It would be great to know those locations. I only know of 2, and one is a ice-cave on Mt. Trumbull.

hmm...if only we had that map....

Quote Originally Posted by jman
    When I use to firefight for the BLM in St. George I once talked to Brandon Kowalis about , and others on the Arizona Strip. He and said that they have discovered more than 200+ caves all over the Strip!! It would be great to know those locations. I only know of 2, and one is a ice-cave on Mt. Trumbull.

hmm...if only we had that map....
    300+ Caves now! I met a long time ago. He came into the store that I was working. We got into a conversation, and he explained that he was going out to check his ground movement monitors (he had them placed in many places). At that time it was a hobby of his. He then took the position with and really started finding many caves. He came in last week and he explained to me that he intended to take me into one cave in particular...........I am PSYCHED!

Blog Entries
    That's way cool Bo! I hope it's good one!

300+ caves...man that's a lot. Actually, I lied earlier. I know of 4 caves on the BLM now. One is just off of the main dirt road about 100 feet. Although, it does only go in about 15-20 feet. And I'm guessing the other 300+ are the same way...

But still, really cool!