Thread: Farmington Sledding

Farmington Sledding

Haven't been sledding all year. Decided to head up yesterday. Had a great time. Thought I would post a few of my videos from my new helmet cam. Haven't bought an editing software yet so you just raw video. In the first one check out the small avalanche I went for a ride in at the end.

Here's another small clip of me taking a whirl on a hair dryer.

One more of just racing around.

Learned something from using the helmet cam. You need to tip it up more on your helmet. It is amazing how much you look down.

Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Who's the no-ridin' girl that pegged the hair dryer on a "little" rise?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7
    Who's the no-ridin' girl that pegged the hair dryer on a "little" rise?
    Bite me I knew you would like that.

Ohhh, the days of hill climbing. I remember when I bought my Mtn. Max 700 brand new in 99. It was a hell of alot of fun. Now that sled is a dinasour compared to the new ones that are out. I wish I had the money to dump into a new ride.
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

Cool video Mark ! I am glad that you survived the avalanche. We need you for the extreme mountain biking crash videos.

Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX
    Cool video Mark ! I am glad that you survived the avalanche. We need you for the extreme mountain biking crash videos.
    What was suprising was the amount of snow it piled up in such a short distance. We went back and looked after (forgot to video) and it had piled snow up on that big tree about 10'. It had slid all the way from the top where I was first sitting. If I had hit that tree it could of gotten SCARRRYYY!!!

Mark

Cool stuff. I can't remember what camera you have but the footage looks crisp.

The visor in the frame is good, it adds stability to the frame. I would aim the camera up just a titch more though so you could see more of the horizon, and still see a little bit of the sled too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Cool stuff. I can't remember what camera you have but the footage looks crisp.

The visor in the frame
    is good, it adds stability to the frame. I would aim the camera up just a titch more though so you could see more of the horizon, and still see a little bit of the sled too.
    VHoldr, yea it was the first time I had taken it sledding, you look down alot more then I would of thought. I had it turned up slightly but not enough. I have been very pleased with the camera so far. I like the easy big on and off switch and it beeps when you turn the recording on and off. You can hear it over the motor noise. Sweet and simple.