Thread: Revival on the River

Revival on the River

It's been awhile since I was able to get out and chase fish all day, so today I took a much needed wade in the River.

Surprisingly, I had the whole highway to myself on the way up, despite it being 7:30. Deer Creek looked abandoned until I rounded the bend to Rainbow Bay and saw only a couple of tents on the ice. Looks like a lot of people got off to a late start. My plan was to check on one of my spots on the Middle Provo and then let the day take me from there.

The Charleston Bridge had plenty of cars parked there already, like usual. A couple of people were on the bridge and two below. The reservoir must be filling up because the river is getting deep. A couple of guys even took their pontoons under the bridge and out to the edge of the ice. Hopefully they fared well for their efforts.

Getting to my spot didn't look possible with the water level so high. The soft muddy bottom gives like quicksand and could make for a full pair of waders in no time...or worse. Fortunately, I found a buddy to play with before even attempting to find a route across.

It was a good fight and gave me a reason to smile. What a relief it was to finally cast and hook up again! Ice fishing was fun, but it's just not the same.

After landing the big guy, I hit the Legacy access, further up river. Finding any sign of fish was rare, but the water looked perfect. Eventually I hooked up with a little brown and it shook off right at my feet. A big fish hit, further downstream, only giving me a few seconds of battle before confiscating my gear and swimming away.

It was time to switch venues. Next stop: Wallsburg Creek

Right below the highway, I was able to get a medium sized brown on the Blue Fox:

After exploring the extent of that creek all the way down to the ice on DC, I left for the
    Lower Provo. I parked at the Olmstead Diversion and worked a really rocky stretch, up to the spillway. A little brown bit the Blue Fox, but that's the only one I could get to my hand. Still a pretty fish:

It's a really neat area to fish and I usually pay it a visit a couple of time per year.

It was great to get out and fish again, I can't wait until summer.

Happy Fishing, Humans.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Very nice. I'm glad to see somebody getting out and enjoying this fine spring weather. Thanks for the reminder that I need to get out and do some more fishing before my license expires.
    Blog | FB

Quote Originally Posted by Udink
    Very nice. I'm glad to see somebody getting out and enjoying this fine spring weather. Thanks for the reminder that I need to get out and do some more fishing before my license expires.
    Ditto.

good day!
    livinutoutdoors.com
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
    The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still alive. SGH