Thread: Damn! It's BLOCKED!

Damn! It's BLOCKED!

Security stuff has changed at work. A bunch of stuff is blocked that wasn't before; National Public Radio, anything Microsoft (Bing), Yahoo mail, Google, Gmail, Facebook, weather.com(WTF?) and worst of all; Bogley!
    This sucks.

I love my Blackberry.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Whoah. Not sure why they would block outdoor content. This is the reason we have really tried to keep Bogley work safe. I would ask them what specifically about Bogley causes it to be blocked.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Whoah. Not sure why they would block outdoor content. This is the reason we have really tried to keep Bogley work safe. I would ask them what specifically about Bogley causes it to be blocked.
    Most standard content filters block forum and chat/im/email sites. I'm sure they're using the same solution I use at my office and it would block Bogley and other Forums.

It prevents dissemination of information to others using a private mechanism. Clearly, smart-phones should be included in environments that are TSI Secret/Top Secret.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Most standard content filters block forum and chat/im/email sites. I'm sure they're using the same solution I use at my office and it would block Bogley and other Forums.

It prevents dissemination of information to others using a private mechanism. Clearly, smart-phones should be included in environments that are TSI Secret/Top Secret.
    Yeah, true. The default settings blow and they'll have to manually take stuff out on a case by case basis. Couldn't they ratchet it down a notch from Extreme (everything) to high or something?

May have spoken too soon. An internal email has just come in saying there are problems with the categorization of some sites including microsoft & google stuff that is causing them to be inadvertently blocked. They are working on a fix & I am optimistic that it will work out. I read an email recently from an NGB (National Guard Bureau) General explaining the positive aspects of and why Facebook is allowed on the network so hopefully...

I don't work on anything all that sensitive. Not a classified network. But I get your point about smart phones, with built in cameras & data transfer, in sensitive areas.

Maybe they blocked Bogley at work because you're supposed to be working. Full disclosure is in order here as I am typing this at work.

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo
    Maybe they blocked Bogley at work because you're supposed to be working. Full disclosure is in order here as I am typing this at work.
    No breaks, lunch, etc?