Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: US Olympic Snowboarder sent packing....

US Olympic Snowboarder sent packing....

Anyone following this!!!!! This is retarded!!!!

USSA forced Lago to leave Olympics
    By Jeff Passan, Yahoo! Sports

VANCOUVER, British Columbia

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Does seem pretty lame to kick him out for this. He gets to keep the medal?

What a bunch of pussies we have become. Hey Conan, what is best in life?

Quote Originally Posted by Conan
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women
    Amen Conan, Amen....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket
    What a bunch of pussies we have become. Hey Conan, what is best in life?

Quote Originally Posted by Conan
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women
    Amen Conan, Amen....
    Um, this is sports, where what is best (apparently) is to dangle the medal in front of your dick so some (drunk?) chick can simulate oral sex on your bronze. Kinda classless.

Is this the kind of example we want set for our kids? It's the age of Facebook and Twitter and yada yada... Dude's gotta keep in mind that anyone anywhere can have a camera, and any photos taken are going to end up visible to everyone. It would be different if it was some little podunk competition somewhere, but this is the Olympics - an Olympic medal he's using as a simulated penis. Have a little class, when out in a crowd. You can do whatever you like in private.

But it's a judgement call on what to do with him. And no one seems to be taking the medal away.

Classless?

[quote]He hadn

From the amount of drugs up in Vancouver, I'd think this would be pretty groovy.

[quote=Deathcricket]Classless?

[quote]He hadn

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I have no idea what you are even talking about Kevin, Here in the USA this has been taught as proper from the very top. Ever hear of one of our President's named Clinton?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7
    I have no idea what you are even talking about Kevin, Here in the USA this has been taught as proper from the very top. Ever hear of one of our President's named Clinton?

Touch

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket
    This guy just competed at the highest level of sports our society has to offer and won.
    No he didn't. He's a snowboarder who's event is/was judged.

Doesn't even compare to the timed events as far as athletics is concerned.

Too funny, watching Universal Sports (instead of the friggin' paid advertising on KSL instead of olympic coverage. WTF?) today, they had Phil Mahre on. He made a comment at the end of the segment to the tune of "the olympics will be a lot better off when they get rid of judged events". The news person next to him sorta gasped and said, "but, what will we watch?" Phil shot back, "real athletes".

Got a big chuckle out of it.

I mean, come on, the guys a snowboarder...

Har har...

Cheers,

-Brian in SLC

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    And I'm supposed to be the immoral atheist!
    That seems kind of redundant doesn't it?

That's not the classless part I was referring to, and you know it.
    I do understand where you are coming from. Just disagree. My idea of "having class" is behaving in a way that others respect. There is a crucial difference between "expect" and "respect" mind you. I'm just saying "expecting" a 23 year old snowboarder to behave a certain way and upholding him to some morality yardstick is wrong. I've seen lots os pictures of my friends doing "body shots" Which are more riske' than anything this guy did. I don't respect them any less for having a good time or feel they are classless because they let loose once in a while and party. But I am surprised sometimes! The shy girl who takes her top off at Lake Powell. I wouldn't expect her to do that, but would never even think her classless for doing so... Ahh well I'm rambling, hehe.. Damn you Liberals for making me do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC
    No he didn't. He's a snowboarder who's event is/was judged.

Doesn't even compare to the timed events as far as athletics is concerned.

I mean, come on, the guys a snowboarder...
    Wow... See I would call that classless. Making fun of an Olympic event that people spend years and years of their life training for. And belittling their accomplishments... That's direspectful IMO. Complete 180 from 2 consenting adults at a party having fun. Must be the Libertarian in me who values individuals striving to accomplish goals and then succeeding. But I do agree that timed events are better instead of relying on human judges who are fallible. I will still watch those guys fly on a halfpipe any day over timed events though. I find them more graceful and amazing than any other olympic event.

teaching my kids to grab whatever they can get, f*** everyone else
    I almost let this go but can't... F everyone else? If these are seriously your feelings about us Libertarians, we need to talk. Seem a little bitter today my friend. :)

Kinda classless.
    Be careful what you wish for.

Attempting to legislate good taste amounts to censorship. If you don't want to read it, don't buy the book.

Personally, I think having brass balls hanging from your hitch receiver is rather tasteless along with all the decals featuring Calvin taking a whiz on Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Toyota, etc.

I wouldn't dream of censoring them and I think this was likewise blown way out of proportion.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

What good is an olympic medal if you don't get to bang hot chicks for winning it?!?!?

Kev and DC- All I can say is that I love you guys. I happen to agree more with Kev on this one but I love that Jacob (as always) has solid reasoning behind his stance. I do have to admit though that the Conan quotes were great

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    What good is an olympic medal if you don't get to bang hot chicks for winning it?!?!?

that's right..

Quote Originally Posted by cachehiker

Personally, I think having brass balls hanging from your hitch receiver is rather tasteless along with all the decals featuring Calvin taking a whiz on Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Toyota, etc.

I wouldn't dream of censoring them and I think this was likewise blown way out of proportion.
    Well said.

I'm with the atheist on this one. It sets a bad example. However, the officials should have known better when they allowed snowboarding to be an olympic sport. They also should have known better when they allowed curling.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

This is the reason that Deer Valley and Alta don't allow snowboarders on their mountains. Way to go guys.

I didn't watch the Olympics, but I go to their website.

The purpose of the Olympic Movement is to (ar at least supposed to be):

[quote]