Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Olympics - Medals Count

2010 Olympics - Medals Count

USA Leading so far...

http://www.nbcolympics.com/medals/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I've not had time or inclination to watch. I find it interesting that Russia or China are not in the top 5.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce
    I find it interesting that Russia or China are not in the top 5.
    Not me. This is the winter olympics not the summer olympics. Traditional powerhouses in the winter olympics have been Germany, Norway, Canada, Austria, & USA.

Looking forward to the Hockey finals. I'd love to see it come down to the US vs Canada...

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Looking forward to the Hockey finals. I'd love to see it come down to the US vs Canada...
    +1

Not that I'm a big hockey fan, but that would be cool!

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Don
    +1

Not that I'm a big hockey fan, but that would be cool!
    and I hope we pay you back for beeting us at our home Olympics with a win at your Olympics.

come on everyone lets pick on our token Canuck(s).

If you didn't see Shaun White from Silveton CO rip up the half pipe you really missed something.

With the Gold in his pocket he made a victory run and outscored himself with a 1260 "Mctwist". Absolutely amazing.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedMan
    If you didn't see Shaun White from Silveton CO rip up the half pipe you really missed something.
    http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/ass...dc5238dfe.html

I was listening to the Colin Cowherd on sports radio and he brought up an interesting point. It is rare to see a poor country do well in the Winter Olypics as most of the sports are sports that cost a good chunk of money just to participate in. For instance he highlighted a stat from skiing. I think it was around $10,000 a year in costs or more to train as a downhill skiier. And that's before an athlete becomes pro. It would be hard to find the rags to riches scenarios in winter sports, that you could find with say basketball. Maybe hockey might have a few. But most wintersports are elitist sports.
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

Blog Entries
    With the Gold in his pocket he made a victory run and outscored himself with a 1260 "Mctwist". Absolutely amazing.
    double mctwist 1260, to be technical.

Quote Originally Posted by jman
    Yep, sickness. Shaun dominated! I have been glued to these games. The short track speed skating is sweet! This Koreans took themselves outta silver and bronze and handed them to the US. Lindsey Vonn dominated in the downhill and the other bird took silver. Very cool!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Yep, sickness. Shaun dominated! I have been glued to these games. The short track speed skating is sweet! This Koreans took themselves outta silver and bronze and handed them to the US. Lindsey Vonn dominated in the downhill and the other bird took silver. Very cool!
    Yea, I've been glued too. And there have been a LOT of crashes too, which keeps the suspense up too. Like the women's downhill, before Vonn, they had some good crashes! Anyways, it's more fun when you watch it "live" rather than the highlights.

Now I'm waiting for the Women's halfpipe...

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Yea, I've been glued too. And there have been a LOT of crashes too, which keeps the suspense up too. Like the women's downhill, before Vonn, they had some good crashes! Anyways, it's more fun when you watch it "live" rather than the highlights.

Now I'm waiting for the Women's halfpipe...
    Yep, true. I wanna see the Women's and Men's Super-G too. Lotta good stuff to come.

Can't we throw a stone and win something in curling?

Shaun White was/is amazing. What a talent that boy has. He is in a class all his own. No one even comes close to the flying tomato.

Did any of you catch his coach telling him something like....

Do whatever you want and "f'n" send that thing. Make sure you stomp the "shit" out of that thing.

You would think that with NBC not showing these events live, which really annoys the hell out of me, their editors would have caught that.

Is anyone else annoyed that these things are not being shown live? It sucks for me because I don't want to look at any on line news because you find out before it shows who won and that takes a lot of the excitement and anticipation out of it. That is a huge part of the fun. For me anyways.

I give a big thumbs down on the coverage this year. But a huge big ol thumbs up to the athletes. Last night was a ton of fun with the womens downhill (way to go Lindsey and Julia) and the mens half pipe. I was all like

I agree, last night was a ton of fun. I haven't stopped telling my staff about the down hill and half pipe. I think my office is sick of me giving the recap play by play of the events last night. I am not a great fan of cussing but I must admit that I laughed out loud when I heard the exchange between Shaun White and his coach. Glad the kids were in bed ( I DVR'ed the games so as to watch the BYU/CSU game live)
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Last Child
    Shaun White was/is amazing. What a talent that boy has. He is in a class all his own. No one even comes close to the flying tomato.

Did any of you catch his coach telling him something like....

Do whatever you want and "f'n" send that thing. Make sure you stomp the "shit" out of that thing.

You would think that with NBC not showing these events live, which really annoys the hell out of me, their editors would have caught that.

Is anyone else annoyed that these things are not being shown live? It sucks for me because I don't want to look at any on line news because you find out before it shows who won and that takes a lot of the excitement and anticipation out of it. That is a huge part of the fun. For me anyways.

I give a big thumbs down on the coverage this year. But a huge big ol thumbs up to the athletes. Last night was a ton of fun with the womens downhill (way to go Lindsey and Julia) and the mens half pipe. I was all like
    Oh yeah NBC caught it on tape.

Keene: What do you want to do?
    White: I don't know, man. Ride down the middle?
    (Chorus of noes.)
    Keene: No, have some fun.
    White: Drop a double mick?
    Keene: Yeah, drop a double mick at the end. Do whatever you want and [expletive] send that thing. Make sure you stomp the [expletive] out of that thing.

....and he did.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    ( I DVR'ed the games so as to watch the BYU/CSU game live)
    Ah screw the Cougs, Jazz, Utes or anyone else last night and during the Olympics.

He got further on that run than I would have.