Thread: Pauite Loop trip Questions

Pauite Loop trip Questions

A couple of years ago I did the Marysvale loop of the trail. It was a blast, but it wass a family trip with some unexperienced inlaws. I am planning to go back with some buddies late this summer and do a more hardcore ride. All are experienced riders.

I was planning on trying to do the full loop in about 3 days of hard riding, but am worried that it may be a little boring on the 01. Is it mostly a wide 2-way, or does it have good technical stretches. I ordered a map but don't have it yet. Any thoughts, suggests would be welcome. Maybe there is a certain portion of slow boring trail to avoid etc...?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Having done the whole south side of the 01 on a dirt bike I would say you're better off linking the side trails together to make the loop. The west side over boulder mountian is not that bad, it's got a section of dirt road between the 02 and 05 but it's so pretty up there that it is not that bad. The trail out of Circleville to the bottom of mount balsy is almost all 2track. Then there is 14 miles of road until the next section of 2 track, all the way down to the I70.

The east side on the other hand is a LOT more dirt road, wide, graded, dirt road. All the way from Kingston canyon to just outside of Koosharem. Not very fun in my opinion, scenic as hell, but a bit boring. But it is easy to link the 2track 4wheeler side trails together to complete the loop. I would say that from koosharem to circleville do this; )1 out of koosharem to the 89 (this will be roughly 12 miles of road but the 89 is worth it). 89 to 01 to 53. 53 to 54 to 01. I like the 02 to the 25 to the 01 better than just staying on the 01 on the ridge line, but I think that is only because we have done it som many times.

I've only ventured into the north side of the loop a few times and was not very impressed, so we generally stay on the south side.

Let me know if you need anything else.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Thanks a ton for the feedback. I will have to check it out on the map so I can put it all together. That should at least get me through the southern portion. I live north so I was hoping to start either in Fillmore or Salina. Thanks again.

There are much better ways to spend three days on the Paiute than trying to hammer out the 01 loop.

The technical sections of 01 are all on the west side of hwy 89.

For up to date coniditions check in on the forums at atvutah.com
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

OK, forget the big loop then. It doesn't sound like the trip to take. If you had 3 days to spend down there and wanted to get the most out of it, where would you ride? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMan
    There are much better ways to spend three days on the Paiute than trying to hammer out the 01 loop.

The technical sections of 01 are all on the west side of hwy 89.

For up to date coniditions check in on the forums at atvutah.com
    Listen to Redman, he's turned me onto some of the best trails on the system. I also suggest ATVUTAH.com. I always receive a condiitons report within hours of posting a question.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by jtrack79
    OK, forget the big loop then. It doesn't sound like the trip to take. If you had 3 days to spend down there and wanted to get the most out of it, where would you ride? Thanks.
    If I had three days, I would base camp myself in marysvale or circleville, One day I would ride out of marysvale to the east and hit all the stuff on that side. Second day, go west and hit the beaver loop. Third day, go south into panguitch and back. You could easily tailor the loops on the 1st and 2nd days to accomodate your skill and saddle time. The third day is longer, with less trail options, but I highly reccommend the trail.

Let us know when you go and maybe we'll run into each other.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Thanks. Will do.