Thread: St. George Sport Climbing

St. George Sport Climbing

My first ever climbing video (mostly cause climbing videos are kinda boring). Banana Dance - 5.11d, Turtle Wall, St. George.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sick Video!
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

Nice dude! I always love watching better climbers than me in awe. So keep these vids coming. I don't find them boring at all. I have tried the one on the other side and failed, but never even attempted this one yet.

Your safety is not my responsibility.

You know you love the Bannana Hammock. Oh, and it doesn't count as a redpoint because you only clipped one chain...so close! Crush the muff.

That's one of my favorite climbs in STG. You made it look a lot easier than I make it look though.
    You May All Go To Hell And I Will Go To Texas

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrejcha
    You know you love the Bannana Hammock. Oh, and it doesn't count as a redpoint because you only clipped one chain...so close! Crush the muff.
    F--- your one chain! Maybe I would have clipped both if my belayer didn't short rope me at the end.

yeeeah! tried that one not long ago on TR. fun! love the soundtrack

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Good effort Shaggy. On sight? A fun watch, well-matched song, and I love that we can see you losing steam and starting to melt off in a couple of places, then the effort is re-upped.

You can expend less effort on the clips if you go higher before you clip. If you're putting it in your mouth, you are too low. Maybe the climb is not set up well for that.

T

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy125 View Post
    My first ever climbing video (mostly cause climbing videos are kinda boring). Banana Dance - 5.11d, Turtle Wall, St. George.

Climbing videos are boring, it's true. Falling videos on the other hand are excellent. You're climbing hard these days.
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by price1869 View Post
    Climbing videos are boring, it's true. Falling videos on the other hand are excellent. You're climbing hard these days.
    Ha, I showed this video to my nieces and nephews and they were pretty disappointed that I didn't fall! This was actually last year, Tom it wasn't an on-sight, second or third go though, which I was pretty happy with. There are some other really fun .11's in that cave, kinda chossy, kinda short, but steep and fun. Price, do you sport climb much still? We should hit up AF or Maple this summer. I wanna hit Wild Iris and Ten Sleep as well this year. Also planning a 4-5 week trip to the Red River Gorge in the fall (get paid to climb for a month thanks to PTO )

I was down climbing the turtle wall last year and conditions were crumbly to say the least, kinda chossy? Mega chossy I would say...stuff was popping off so regularly that I wonder about any of the ratings as the routes change day to day it seems. Nice run to the top dude.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggy125 View Post
    This was actually last year, Tom it wasn't an on-sight, second or third go though, which I was pretty happy with.
    Interesting, and yeah, looks like it. meaning, you don't have the moves dialed, but you seem to know where some of the holds are. Good effort.

T

sport, trad, whatever. Let's hit up LCC as soon as it dries out.
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. incognito View Post
    I was down climbing the turtle wall last year and conditions were crumbly to say the least, kinda chossy? Mega chossy I would say...stuff was popping off so regularly that I wonder about any of the ratings as the routes change day to day it seems. Nice run to the top dude.
    I aim for the holds with chalk on them. It helps.