Thread: Poaching the waterfall at Thanksgiving Point

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Funny you should mention this.... Poaching the waterfall at Thanksgiving Point has been on my to-do list for a while now.....

Outside of that all I can say at the moment is you might have something BIG if you can pull it of.... Good Luck....

Funny you should mention this. Poaching the waterfall at Thanksgiving Point has been on my to-do list for a while now.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

When the weather warms up we need to chat and do a little recon. I'd like to get them all in one big shot.

Gosh mister security guy.... what do you mean it's against the rules to do a stunt rappel over the falls.... we didn't see any sign saying it was against the rules.... if we had of saw a sign we sure wouldn't have done it....

It's much easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission....

When the weather warms up we need to chat and do a little recon. I'd like to get them all in one big shot.

Gosh mister security guy.... what do you mean it's against the rules to do a stunt rappel over the falls.... we didn't see any sign saying it was against the rules.... if we had of saw a sign we sure wouldn't have done it....

It's much easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission....

Me too me too!!!

A few years back we got caught rappelling down the lobby in the cliff lodge. We'd done it several times before, and finally got caught. They didn't really do anything. It helped that we were staying there as guests for a climbing competition the next day.

Also got caught climbing an ice/snow sculpture up at solitude one year...

Blog Entries
    In the top picture where there are two waterfalls next to each other of equal height - maybe 10 feet back from the left one has a gate. I'm sure you could easily anchor into that one and go right off and follow the lagoon around and run up the hill and out to the getaway car. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    A few years back we got caught rappelling down the lobby in the cliff lodge. We'd done it several times before, and finally got caught. They didn't really do anything.
    A long time ago.... before wife and children.... we were always in trouble for doing something up at Snowbird.... You can't jump off the 5th floor with your ski's on.... this banquet is for guests only.... that ticket is expired.... you can't jump off the chair lift.... you can't tuck top to bottom.... you can't jump that.... you are supposed to pay for the beer.... that ticket doesn't work for the tram.... you are out of bounds.... you can't park there.... get out of the pool if you are not a guest.... where are your pants?

Sheeesssshhhh....

Never did get in any trouble outside of "don't do that again"....

[quote=Don]Hell, if you
    Life is Good

A long time ago.... before wife and children.... we were always in trouble for doing something up at Snowbird.... You can't jump off the 5th floor with your ski's on.... this banquet is for guests only.... that ticket is expired.... you can't jump off the chair lift.... you can't tuck top to bottom.... you can't jump that.... you are supposed to pay for the beer.... that ticket doesn't work for the tram.... you are out of bounds.... you can't park there.... get out of the pool if you are not a guest.... where are your pants?

[quote=Don]Hell, if you

Dude, loose lips sink ships. And, yeah, I may be overly security sensitive.

Honestly I thought about it before my original post

Seems they would be little legal ramifications unless the getaway vehicles were bicycles!
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    [quote=Iceaxe]Honestly I thought about it before my original post

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia
    Like in the Mayan????
    That's next up on my list.... But I see some major logistical problems with that one.... I'm trying to figure out how a 50 y/o man wearing a white speedo can exit trough the restaurant without drawing attention from security.

You should bring a cute blonde girl to help talk your way out of whatever ticket they might try to give you.

Really? We weren't supposed to do that? I'm really sorry. We won't do it again, I promise...flutter-eyelashes.

Iceaxe could just put a wig on with the white spedo and be able to flirt his way out of any tickets I'll bet!
    Murphy's Law: "If anything can go wrong, it will."

Quote Originally Posted by lisa
    You should bring a cute blonde girl to help talk your way out of whatever ticket they might try to give you.

Really? We weren't supposed to do that? I'm really sorry. We won't do it again, I promise...flutter-eyelashes.
    Hijack,

My wife has been pulled over about 10 times in her life and has never received a stinkin speeding ticket. Got pulled over the other day in Kaysville 62 in a 40. She got off. When I get pulled over they want to haul me to jail. So maybe the first time just send several girls into poach the falls and see if they end up in cuffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Chungy22
    Iceaxe could just put a wig on with the white spedo and be able to flirt his way out of any tickets I'll bet!
    ShaneEatingaHotDog.jpg Damnit, where's that picture when I need it.

oh, i'm sure i still have it somewhere. cap'n gaydar?