Thread: Nice timelapse of Vancouver

Nice timelapse of Vancouver

Hey, I figured this would fit in here, as there's been discussion of time lapse stuff before. Really nice video, made with 12MP DSLR. The fog bits are particularly sweet, and it shows off my city.

Great in HD - click on the bottom right corner to view on YouTube, and hit 1080p:

These are nice, too:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Cool Stuff Kevin. Those shot's from above the waves of fog are amazing. Probably not as nice under the fog?
    All in all, it makes me glad to live in a town of 2500

wow. i love the movements too. i wonder how they are doing those. i wonder if they just shoot it really wide, then pan across the pictures, instead of the actual camera moving.

i'm gonna have to do some more of this stuff. the vancouver one is phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    wow. i love the movements too. i wonder how they are doing those. i wonder if they just shoot it really wide, then pan across the pictures, instead of the actual camera moving.
    Some of them are moving along bridges - from 1:46 to 2:05, the Cambie Street Bridge. And the rotation shots - both vertically and horizontally - there's no way to make the perspective changes that are apparent. For example at 2:54, a shot looking up at the Lion's Gate Bridge, the cables on the bridge at top left are angled like: / but as the shot pans down, they become vertical.

Very nice and smooth. Got to be some kind of motorized equipment - I think there's a combination of a track and a panning head for those shots along the bridge (the 1:46-2:00 stuff.)

that vancouver video is incredible, kev, a sort of short modern take on koyaanisqatsi

many thanks

Kev,
    That was so beautiful. Thanks for posting. I caught a glimpse of Bowen Island, where I live, off in the distance. If one has to live in a city, this is a darn nice one.........eh?
    Jenny

Ahh yeah! Those are great thanks for posting man.

I know it wasn't mentioned but the music on the first one is absolutely superb IMO. Ambient techno is hands down my favorite genre.

Your safety is not my responsibility.

I'll add my 2 cents, that the Vancouver video was spectacular!!!! And the music couldn't have fit any better.