View Poll Results: Who will win the 2010 Super Bowl?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saints

3 21.43%
  • Colts

11 78.57%

Thread: 2010 Super Bowl Predictions

2010 Super Bowl Predictions

This should be a good one! Two high powered offenses. I am going with the Saints. If their defense can play well...they'll take home the Lombardi. I don't see the Colts stopping their offense.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

i'm going with the colts. if it hadn't been for those 5 (mostly unforced) turnovers, the saints had no chance of stopping the vikings offense yesterday.

the colts are even more consistent on offense, and i think their D has a better chance at stopping the saints then vice versa.

should be a good game

Colts by 14. Experience vs. Stars in the eyes and giddy to just be there.
    Life is Good

Wow. I am getting smoked so far on this prediction.

I guess Indy is the favorite...waz the line. Gotta check.

At this minute the Colts are a 5.5 point favorite

The over/under is 56.5

The line will probably move a little in the next couple of days and than settle down.

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Geez......I've heard this all day today. "The Saints didn't win......the Vikings just lost." Please........... Before yesterday it was "wait till the playoffs....they will blow it" etc..etc...etc...

I love Peyton Manning because he is a home town boy, but I will be cheering for the Saints on Superbowl Sunday. They earned the right to be there and they deserve it. Win or lose, it will be a great game.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313
    Geez......I've heard this all day today. "The Saints didn't win......the Vikings just lost." Please........... Before yesterday it was "wait till the playoffs....they will blow it" etc..etc...etc...

I love Peyton Manning because he is a home town boy, but I will be cheering for the Saints on Superbowl Sunday. They earned the right to be there and they deserve it. Win or lose, it will be a great game.
    hahahaha. that's when you just say scoreboard

but i don't think anyone on here is saying the saints didn't win or deserve it, but they didn't show themselves worthy of beating the colts, IMO. so easily poked because you know it's true?

i've been cheering the saints on this whole season. BUT, you'd be hard pressed to tell me they didn't win that game without a helping hand from some other parties, including the officials and refs in OT. but, i laughed it all the way to the victory. that said, the manner in which they won, they lucked out. that's not to say they wouldn't have won even if they had to punt it away in OT, or hadn't intercepted favre's pass. it just means they were lucky to get those calls, and lucky to get some unforced turnovers from the vikes. that is all.

Total Yards
    Vikings - 475
    Saints - 257

Without those unforced turnovers, this is a complete blowout. but that's why you play the game. you gotta be good enough to get there and have a chance, and the saints did that and more. but there is still an element of the dice going your way in this game...

that said, i'll be cheering for the saints, but if i was betting money, it'd be on the colts.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs

hahahaha. that's when you just say scoreboard

but i don't think anyone on here is saying the saints didn't win or deserve it, but they didn't show themselves worthy of beating the colts, IMO. so easily poked because you know it's true?

i've been cheering the saints on this whole season. BUT, you'd be hard pressed to tell me they didn't win that game without a helping hand from some other parties, including the officials and refs in OT. but, i laughed it all the way to the victory. that said, the manner in which they won, they lucked out. that's not to say they wouldn't have won even if they had to punt it away in OT, or hadn't intercepted favre's pass. it just means they were lucky to get those calls, and lucky to get some unforced turnovers from the vikes. that is all.

Total Yards
    Vikings - 475
    Saints - 257

Without those unforced turnovers, this is a complete blowout. but that's why you play the game. you gotta be good enough to get there and have a chance, and the saints did that and more. but there is still an element of the dice going your way in this game...

that said, i'll be cheering for the saints, but if i was betting money, it'd be on the colts.

I agree we got a couple of calls that went our way, but I also think we got some bogus calls too. Such is the game each week. Luck can play a large part sometimes in winning (thinking of our "not the best" field goal kicker). Trust me when I tell you this..........of course we want the Saints to win, but the majority of Saints fans are just ecstatic that they made it to the Superbowl. Friends sent me photos today, and New Orleans was rockin' last night! I'd give anything to be able to head back to New Orleans and be with my friends down there for the Superbowl party. btw.....I think you've picked the right team to cheer for....

but the majority of Saints fans are just ecstatic that they made it to the Superbowl.
    This is what would scare me if I were a Saints fans.... I'd be worried a couple of the Saints players might be thinking the same thing....

It should be a great game if both teams show up...

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    bump

and only 3 people picked the saints. So no fair voting late.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    Colts by 14. Experience vs. Stars in the eyes and giddy to just be there.
    You got the point spread right, you just picked the wrong team.
    WOW......what a game. So glad I was here in N.O. to enjoy it with all those people who have waited so damn long for this! It's been one hell of a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner
    and only 3 people picked the saints. So no fair voting late.
    I closed the poll just before the Superbowl.... no jumping bandwagons this time.

Re: 2010 Super Bowl Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    This should be a good one! Two high powered offenses. I am going with the Saints. If their defense can play well...they'll take home the Lombardi. I don't see the Colts stopping their offense.
    SCOREBOARD!!!

alright, i'm back to take my lumps and eat my crow. i DID NOT see that coming. sean payton has the biggest balls of any pro coach i've ever seen. going for it on 4th and goal, onside kick to start the second half, etc... freakin' awesome.

i didn't think the saints would play that good of defense. and they controlled the ball. but the best part? watching peyton manning throw a pick 6 to seal the fate. LOVED it.

way to go saints. i may have been the only one watching in that shitty sports bar in needles, california, but it was a game worth stopping for.

alright, i'm back to take my lumps and eat my crow. i DID NOT see that coming. sean payton has the biggest balls of any pro coach i've ever seen. going for it on 4th and goal, onside kick to start the second half, etc... freakin' awesome.

i didn't think the saints would play that good of defense. and they controlled the ball. but the best part? watching peyton manning throw a pick 6 to seal the fate. LOVED it.

way to go saints. i may have been the only one watching in that shitty sports bar in needles, california, but it was a game worth stopping for.
    Sean Payton comes from the school of Bill Parcells. The Big Tuna likes to roll those dice. Bill Belichick is also a decent of the Tuna and it shows...

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca

Sean Payton comes from the school of Bill Parcells. The Big Tuna likes to roll those dice. Bill Belichick is also a decent of the Tuna and it shows...
    It certainly wasn't Marty Ball.....

Wait, who was rooting for the Colts...