Thread: Weather & Road conditions in southern UT

Weather & Road conditions in southern UT

Hey all, any idea if roads are an issue in s. Utah right now? Thinking of heading down for photos anywhere from monument valley to hole in the rock road to Bryce to Zion! Any. Thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks, tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    My only advice.... don't speed in Beaver. That whore will cost you $115 or better!
    Chere'

Re: Weather & Road conditions in southern UT

Quote Originally Posted by tmartenst
    Hey all, any idea if roads are an issue in s. Utah right now? Thinking of heading down for photos anywhere from monument valley to hole in the rock road to Bryce to Zion! Any. Thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks, tom
    Tom said highway 89 is snowpacked between bryce and zion. I-15 looked to be in decent shape, with the worst of it around beaver fillmore area.

Tons of snow dropped around zion last night and yesterday. Fun time to be out I think!

Re: Weather & Road conditions in southern UT

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    beaver fillmore area
    Feel More beaver....

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Make sure wherever you want to go the road is actually open. We've had nothing but rain (and now snow) since arriving in Sedona (from SLC) and yesterday and today would not have been able to go back up 89A to Flaggstaff to I-40 because of road closures, 179 as an alternate was closed as well due to flash flooding. They've had record breaking moisture since I got here. Bad for the trip but great for breaking their long drought. We thought about heading to Vegas and ending the trip here early, but so far Vegas has had their annual rainfall drop in the last few days. Murphy's law........
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Blog Entries
    You can check out Utah's webcams:
    http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/slc/camera/

It has the following places which might be of some help....

Moab, Price, Zion NP, Tropic, Sevier Valley (Cove Fort), Castle Dale, Blanding, St. George

(Although, the view of Moab (Lodge view) is awesome!)

AND this link might prove more useful:
    http://commuterlink.utah.gov/

Udot has webcams all over the state, well mainly just down the I-15 corridor, but they got cams by monticello, a few along I-70, capitol reef, beaver, and cedar city.

Hope that can help

Thanks guys. I've decided to ride the pow this weekend here in N. Utah instead but may try to get down there still.

Bogley BigShot
    Been driving to my daughters basketball games and its been terrible! Went to Bryce Valley (Tropic, near Bryce Canyon) The school bus however has a snow plow drive in front, changing 3 or 4 times as they leave their territory and plowing all the way through the drive in front of the school. Myself and the other parents followed behind so we made it. Without that, the roads have been terrible. Daughter went to St. George last night through Zion and that was not bad. Today should be much better.

This was taken from my balcony yesterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It's probably still snowing in Zion. Kurt and I were up there yesterday and not much water was flowing in the main canyon, the East side was beautiful but not very interesting to photograph without some Sun.

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    This is Wins Jeep, no wait----look at the plate, apparently it's mine
    Attached Images Attached Images  

These storms have been the best thing that's happened to Moab all winter. The temps went back to normal, breaking us free from the single digit lows and sub freezing days. The 8-10 inches of snow that has been on the ground since Xmas is finally gone. We've gotten minimal rain and couldn't ask for better Jan. weather here.

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com