Thread: deathcricket's crash on Zen trail

deathcricket's crash on Zen trail

I managed to zoom in on this gem.

at 1:19

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Let it be known that Jacob did VERY well on a bike with only a front brake. I should have shot a picture of his broken rear brake.

This is a very technical trail and I definitely would have went over the handlebars a few times on my Klein.

Re: deathcricket's crash on Zen trail

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech

marks crash was epic... this well. it's just funny
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

And who crashes on the non technical part of the canyon anyways? Soft sand caught me by surprise for sure, hehe. That trail was definitely out of my league tech wise. I'm going to have to hit it a few more times till I get it down.... After I find a place to repair my bike frame. The welding tips were most appreciated also guys. NEXT TIME!

Your safety is not my responsibility.

Hey, accadacca can tell you all about my crash on the easiest part of Gooseberry Mesa.

I've also been known to crash in the parking lot at Mueller Park.
    ...the paved parking lot.

That was a quick recovery Jacob. Once I saw that you were okay and standing up, I decided to follow through on the little rock jump next to you. I also say extra kudos to you for finishing a steep technical ride with only a front brake.

Thanks guys! Yeah i didnt really even take any damage in the spill just a slightly bruised palm of my hand. No biggie. Here is a couple close ups of my rear brake broken off though... Not sure how I'm gonna fix it. Will look for some local welders this week I think. Would suck having to go back to pinchy clampy brakes.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

You may even want to try some epoxy putty on that thing. Just clean it off, scuff it up, and mold some of that putty together.

Just be SURE the break is lined up though because that stuff is permanent. Maybe put a little clamp on it, test out the brake and put the putty on while it's clamped.

Of course, I may be way out of my league here, I'm interested what the other guys would say to that.

Ignoring my paint skills, I don't know what your bike is made out of but if it can't be welded you could always build a new bracket on a mill similar to what I coloured in... If you did the epoxy route I would also put some more material as an overlay that is epoxy'd on to create a larger surface area to hold it on..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Good job doing it with one hand Deathcricket.

Beech, thats funny you crash in parking lots.

My worst crash so far was after a long downhill at snowbasin we rode down needles like a bat out of hell no damage. Then out of nowhere the parking lot! Cracked my helmet and plenty of road rash.

I should start walking my bike thru the p. lot like they do at EXTERRA.
    Still trying to get in riding shape.

A shovel in one hand and an ice cold beer in the other
    alot of the cannondale frames are 6061 al , I have a good friend who does all my al welding, since it is less stress area on the frame you could weld it with no problem, pm if you want some more info or if you need a a replacement
    Resident Ogden freeride park forum whore